Grand Prix Nagoya Trials will be run at WPN locations from August 13 - November 18, 2012. Each awards the winner a three-round bye to Grand Prix Nagoya.
Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
- The format for each Grand Prix Trial chosen by the individual store running the event. Possible formats include Sealed Deck, Standard, Extended, Modern, or Return to Ravnica Block Constructed. Contact the store or check the event locator for the format of each individual Grand Prix Trial.
- If the chosen format is Sealed Deck, the top 8 for the event will be Boosters Draft or Sealed Deck (at the discretion of the store running that Grand Prix Trial). The product mix for the event will be 6 Return to Ravnica boosters per player for the Sealed Deck portion, 3 Return to Ravnica boosters per player in the Top 8 draft. If a Sealed Deck Top 8 is run instead of a draft, players will play with the same sealed deck they played in the Swiss rounds.
- Deck lists are required
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Playoff matches will have no time limit
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
|8||3 Single-Elimination Rounds (No Swiss)||None (run Single Elimination)|
|9 - 16 (If Sealed Deck)||4 Rounds||Top 8|
|9 16 (If Constructed)||5 Rounds||Top 4|
|17 - 32||5 Rounds||Top 8|
|33 - 64||6 Rounds||Top 8|
|65 - 128||7 Rounds||Top 8|
|129 - 226||8 Rounds||Top 8|
|227 - 409||9 Rounds||Top 8|
|410 or higher||10 Rounds||Top 8|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top players after the final Swiss round will advance to the single-elimination playoff. The number of players that advanced to the playoff is based on the number of players in the event (see chart above).
- Playoff matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Playoff matches will be single-elimination.
- Playoff matches will have no time limit.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier - 3x
- REL - Competitive
- All the Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
- This is a premier Magic tournament. The store owner, organizer, judge(s), and/or scorekeeper(s) of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
- Winner receives a three-round bye at Grand Prix Nagoya.
- Other prizes are determined by the organizer of each event. Contact the organizer for additional details.
- Players who want more specific tournament or registration information should contact the store hosting the Grand Prix Trial.
Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast LLC, the Wizards Play Network, or any Magic: The Gathering Organized Play program should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or visit www.wizards.com/customerservice.