Grand Prix Pittsburgh Trials will be run at WPN locations in the weeks leading up to the Grand Prix. Each offers at least 1 three-round bye to Grand Prix Pittsburgh.
Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
- Deck lists are required
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance Swiss rounds Playoff 8 3 None (run Single Elimination) 9-16 4 If Sealed format, cut to Top 8
If Constructed format, cut to Top 4
17 - 32 5 Top 8 33 - 64 6 Top 8 65 - 128 7 Top 8 129 - 226 8 Top 8 227 - 409 9 Top 8 410 or higher 10 Top 8
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 24K, REL Competitive
- All the Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the DCI Document Center.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
- This is a premier Magic tournament. Organizers and judges of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
- At least 1 third-round bye at Grand Prix Pittsburgh is offered at each Trial, based on attendance:
Attendance 3-Round Byes Awarded 8 - 32 1 33 - 64 2 65 - 128 4 129+ 8
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering® trading card game, Wizards of the Coast LLC, the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, DCI players' organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic® World Championships, National Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or visit www.wizards.com/customerservice.