Grand Prix Prague is brought to you by Dazzle Events.
Date: August 30 - September 1
Online: €48.50 per person
Online with sleep-in: €63.50 per person
Offline: CZK 1.300 per person
Online registration at www.tournamentcenter.eu until Thursday, August 29 at 22:00
Registrations on site:
Friday, August 30: 15:00 - 22:00
Saturday, August 31: 08:00 - 09:00
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
Travel to beautiful Prague and take part in a weekend of serious Magic fun with a bunch of exciting things to do!
Discover Prague at Wikitravel: http://wikitravel.org/en/Prague
SEE LIVE COVERAGE
Follow live streaming video coverage of Grand Prix Prague at DailyMTG.com, Twitch.tv/ggslive (on Saturday) and Twitch.tv/magic (on Sunday) with Tim Willoughby, Marijn Lybaert, Rich Hagon, and Steven Leeming. The live video stream will start at approximately 2 p.m. local time / Noon GMT / 8 a.m. ET Saturday.
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including side events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
|Place||Prize Money||Pro Points|
| Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Born of the Gods in Valencia (February 2014).
If Grand Prix attendance is 1,200 or more, Top 8 finishers earn invitations and airfare, and all players with 39 or more match points who do not make Top 8 earn invitations.
All prizes in U.S. dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Magic 2014 Sealed Deck/Booster Draft
Participation Fee: €48.50 (online), CZK 1.300 (offline)
Registration and Schedule
- Online registration at www.tournamentcenter.eu until Thursday, August 29 at 22:00
- Friday, August 30: Registration 15:00 – 22:00
- Saturday, August 31: Registration 08:00 – 09:00
- Saturday, August 31: Grand Prix Prague begins at 09:30
- Sunday, September 1: Main Event Day Two begins at 09:00
The main tournament at Grand Prix Prague is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed publicity and consent form to be included in Wizards of the Coast's official online event coverage and be eligible to receive prizes. Forms can be downloaded here (100k PDF) and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on this form. Consent forms are usually collected during registration (contact the event organizer for details).
- Day 1: Sealed Deck
- Day 2 and Top 8: Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product: 6 Magic 2014 boosters for Day 1 sealed deck
- Booster Draft Product: 3 Magic 2014 boosters for Day 2 and Top 8 Draft
- Deck lists are required.
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or less players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 64 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 128 players – whichever is greater – advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit.
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting. The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
The Head Judges for Grand Prix Prague will be Carlos Ho and Jurgen Baert. The Regional Judge Coordinator is Sebastian Pekala. Judges interested in working at this event should submit an application through the Magic judge website .
- Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive on Day 1 and Professional on Day 2.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center .
- Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals, card sleeves, and appropriate counters or tokens.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Byes earned through Planeswalker Points are calculated using the Planeswalker Point totals from all reported events as of the Wednesday immediately before the Grand Prix. (For Grand Prix Prague, the cutoff date will be August 28.) Points earned in tournaments held at the Grand Prix event site do not count toward earned byes at that Grand Prix. Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Gold or Platinum
- Members of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Winners of Grand Prix Prague Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
- Players with a Pro Tour Players Club level of Silver
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #2 (March 18, 2013 – August 11, 2013)
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 12, 2013 – December 1, 2013)
Winners of a Trial tournament are awarded 2 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down. Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players who accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds. For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
Along with the main event, there are additional side-event tournaments to play in at a Grand Prix. Listed below are the side events offered at all Grand Prix on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Additional events and a full schedule can be found on the Dazzle Events website. All side events will have a Planeswalker Points multiplier of 3x.
Earn a valuable Two-Round bye by winning one of the Last-Chance Trials. Last-Chance Trials are 32-person single-elimination events, starting as soon as 32 players register. For more info, check out the Byes section of this page.
A straight Swiss tournament lasting three or four rounds. Participants get 1 past promo card for playing, then one additional promo card per match win. Format varies by event.
Magic Game Show
On Friday at 8 pm we start the Magic Game Show starring Richard Hagon. Registration is free and you can win some cool Magic goodies. Teams can be comprised of between 1 and 4 people.
Enjoy a special discount on pick-up drafts on Saturday. Actual times and prices vary by event.
Format at organizer's discretion. The winner(s) earn free entry into the "Super Sunday Series" (see below). Players who also played in the main Grand Prix tournament will get a discount for entry.
Super Sunday Series
Two Super Sunday Series tournaments will be held at each Grand Prix, one Sealed Deck and one Standard. The Top 4 players from each will proceed to play in the Super Sunday Series Final Booster Draft. The Top 4 players in Super Sunday Series Final will each be awarded a special Grand Prix messenger bag. The winner of the Super Sunday Series Final will earn an invitation and travel award for the Super Sunday Series Championship, to be held in February 2014 in Seattle with a prize purse of $20,000. The Super Sunday Series Championship experience also includes a tour of Wizards of the Coast, dinner with Wizards employees, and more. (Details about the Championship will be announced later in 2013.).
Jason Felix and Johann Bodin will be in attendance at Grand Prix Prague. Artists will be available on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00.
Originally from Wisconsin, Jason was inspired by role-playing games, comics, and video games while growing up. After graduating from high school, he landed a freelance job creating vampire illustrations for White Wolf Games which lead to a fledgling artistic career in editorial print industry. Years progressed and Jason soon found his interest swayed towards crafting art for the film and video game industry. He uprooted himself and relocated to San Francisco in hopes of making this dream a reality.
Jason currently resides in San Francisco working as a professional artist in the entertainment industry for the past 17 years. He has worked for various clients such as EA, Blizzard Entertainment, Blur Studios, Lucas LTD, Hasbro, and many others. In addition, Jason is busy fostering future personal projects such as Salvaged: The Art of Jason Felix, Midwest Monsters, and Mail Order Monsters: Compendium 2012.
At the age of 28, Johann Bodin became a professional illustrator in 2005. He worked on many covers of science fiction and fantasy books for numerous French publishers. Since 2009, he has been illustrating cards for Magic: The Gathering. He also works for video games, press magazines, and he's frequently asked to develop the artwork for album covers and festival posters.
Arriving by Plane
Prague has its own International Airport (Vaclav Havel Airport Prague) 20 km away from the city centre. You can travel from the airport to the city centre by bus, airport express, shuttle or taxi.
Arriving by Train
There are train connections to Prague from Berlin (4.5 hours), Munich (6 hours) and Vienna (4.5 hours). All international trains arrive at Praha hlavni nadrazi (central station), which has a connection with metro line C.
Arriving by Public Transport
+420 222 333 222
Top 64 payout information: firstname.lastname@example.org