Grand Prix Singapore is brought to you by Play! Events.
Date: January 12-13, 2013
Registration: SGD $45 (Friday registration), SGD $50 (Saturday registration)
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
Take part in a weekend of fun-filled Magic weekend with bunch of exciting events to do. Take part in the main event for your chance at big prizes and invitations to the Pro Tour, meet Magic artist Jason Chan and get your cards signed, and try your hand at some of the many side events at Grand Prix Singapore.
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including side events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
|Place||Prize Money||Pro Points|
| Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Dragon's Maze in San Diego (May 2013).
If Grand Prix attendance is 1,200 or more, Top 8 finishers earn invitations and airfare.
All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Return to Ravnica Sealed Deck and Booster Draft
Participation Fee: SGD $45 (Friday registration), SGD $50 (Saturday registration)
Registration and Schedule
- Friday, January 11: Registration from 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, January 12: Registration from 8 a.m. - 8.45 a.m.
- Saturday, January 12: Tournament begins at 9 a.m.
- Sunday, January 13: Day Two begins at 9 a.m.
The main tournament at Grand Prix Singapore is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed consent form to participate in Grand Prix Singapore. Forms can be found here and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on this form. Consent forms will be collected during the player meeting on Saturday morning.
- Day 1: Sealed Deck
- Day 2 and Top 8: Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product: 6 Return to Ravnica boosters for Day 1 sealed deck
- Booster Draft Product: 3 Return to Ravnica boosters for Day 2 and Top 8 Draft
- Deck lists are required.
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or less players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 64 players - whichever is greater - advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 record (or better) or the top 128 players - whichever is greater - advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit.
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting. The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
Riccardo Tessitori will be the head judge for Grand Prix Singapore.
- Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive on Day 1 and Professional on Day 2.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center .
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Winners of Grand Prix Singapore Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 17, 2012 – March 17, 2013)
- Players with a 2012-2013 Pro Tour Players Club level of Gold or Platinum
- Members of the Magic Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 17, 2012 – March 17, 2013)
- Players with a 2012-2013 Pro Tour Players Club level of Silver
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2013 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 17, 2012 – March 17, 2013)
Winners of a Trial tournament are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down. Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players who accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds. For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
For side events information, please visit Play! Events' Facebook page.
Jason Chan will be in attendance at Grand Prix Singapore.
Visit singaporeexpo.com.sg for information on getting to and from the venue.
Tournament Organiser: Play! Events
Phone: +65 9763 9833