Date: March 31-April 1, 2012
Via Nizza 294
Friday, March 30: 16.00 – 22.00
Saturday, March 31: 08.00 – 09.00
Doors open at 12:00 Friday and 08:00 Saturday and Sunday. Entrance to the hall is free.
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
Travel to vibrant Turin and take part in a weekend of serious Magic fun with a bunch of exciting things to do! Join the fun in Public Events on Friday with Grand Prix Trials from 12.00h onwards. On Saturday morning, 8-player pick-up games are half price. We will also feature free casual Standard dueling, Booster Drafts, a Legacy and Vintage tournament and much more. Meet Magic artists Mark Tedin and Rob Alexander and get your cards signed or try out Duels of the Planeswalkers.Whatever you want to do, Grand Prix Turin will be a weekend to remember!
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including public events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
|Place||Prize Money||Pro Points|
|Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Avacyn Restored in Barcelona. |
All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Participation Fee: €25
Registration and Schedule
- Friday, March 30: Registration 16.00 – 22.00
- Saturday, March 31: Registration 08.00 – 09.00
- Saturday, March 31: Tournament begins at 09.30
- Sunday, April 1: Day Two begins at 08.00
The main tournament at Grand Prix Turin is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed publicity release form to be included in Wizards of the Coast's official online event coverage. Forms can be downloaded here (15k PDF) and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on this form. Publicity releases will be collected during registration.
- Deck lists are required.
- Each player must use the same deck on Day 2 that he or she used on Day 1.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or fewer players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 64 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 128 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 playoff matches will be best 2 of 3, and have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
The Head Judges for this tournament are Jurgen Baert and Jeff Morrow.
- Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (Day 1) and Professional (Day 2)
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players that accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds):
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- Players ranked in the top 300 in the Planeswalker Points 2011 Competitive Points Season #3 (August 29, 2011 – December 25, 2011).
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,200 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 26, 2011 – April 1, 2012).
- Winners of Grand Prix Turin Trial tournaments.
- Members of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- Players ranked in the top 2,000 in the Planeswalker Points 2011 Competitive Points Season #3 (August 29, 2011 – December 25, 2011).
- Players who have accumulated at least 600 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 26, 2011 – April 1, 2012).
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- Players ranked in the top 15,000 in the Planeswalker Points 2011 Competitive Points Season #3 (August 29, 2011 – December 25, 2011).
- Players who have accumulated at least 300 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #1 (December 26, 2011 – April 1, 2012).
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the 2012 Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
Public events at Grand Prix Turin are guaranteed to keep you busy over the course of the weekend! To tease your appetite for the main event, we're offering flights of Grand Prix Trial events on Friday, both in the Modern format and as Sealed Deck. Eight-person events will run throughout the weekend, including the Shock Dual Special. The two highlights of the weekend are without doubt the 1000€ Draft Championship and the 2500€ Legacy Championship on Sunday. If you're not looking for fierce competition, we'll be running 2HG and other casual events as well.
Mark Tedin and Rob Alexander will be in attendance at Grand Prix Turin.
Other Hall Attractions
Win Cool Magic Prizes in the Raffle!
Enter in the free raffle and win Path of the Planeswalker graphic anthologies, laptop bags, foil boosters, free draft vouchers or other cool Magic prizes. All you need to do is fill out the raffle form and drop it in the box before 15:00 on Saturday or 15:00 on Sunday. Winners will be announced during the next break between rounds. Only one entry per person. When you have entered the raffle on Saturday, you are automatically included in the raffle on Sunday.
Duels of the Planeswalkers
Get a sneak peek at the new downloadable content for Duels of the Planeswalkers Xbox LIVE® Arcade.
Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:
- Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s)
- Soliciting to buy/sell cards elsewhere
- Advertising without receiving permission from Wizards of the Coast’s on-site Event Manager
- Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading
- Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.
Information coming soon.
Via Nizza 294
+39 011 66 44 111
Top 64 payout information: email@example.com