On this page you can easily find all of the article run so far, as well as pages on each of the 15 finalists. You can click on any of the avatars at the top of this page to get more information on each of the 15 finalists, including how they answered all of the essay questions and how they did on the multiple choice test (including which answers they missed).
Each week, the finalists will be given a task to test their design skills. Each Friday, you'll get to see the task from the previous week, how each aspiring designer tackled it, and the response from all of the judges but Mark Rosewater. (Rosewater's comments come the following week, revealing who has been eliminated.) "Episodes" will run each Friday until we're down to three finalists. At that point the applicants will be flown out to Wizards of the Coast for formal interviews. At the end of it all, one magicthegathering.com reader will get a paid design internship at Wizards of the Coast!
Articles So Far
(Listed from newest to oldest)
- The Finish Line
- Episode 7 - "And the Winner Is..."
- Episode 6 - "Game, Set, Match", Part II
- Episode 6 - "Game, Set, Match", Part I
- Episode 5 - "Once More With Feeling", Part II
- Episode 5 - "Once More With Feeling", Part I
- Episode 4 - "Silver & Gold", Part II
- Episode 4 - "Silver & Gold", Part I
- Episode 3 - "Picture This"
- Episode 2 - "Gimme Five"
- Episode 1 - "In the Beginning"
- Multiple Choice Test Answers
- The Great Designer Search: The Test
- The Great Designer Search Begins!
- State of Design - 2006 (The end of this article first introduced The Great Designer Search.)