Posted in Feature
on August 20, 2012
My Ingenuity. My Obsession. My Guild.
The Izzet are obsessive experimenters, the epitome of keen creative intellect combined with an unfortunately short attention span. The original mandate of the Izzet guild was to provide solutions for public works projects (sewers, boilers, roadways), but their experiments often produce mana geysers, spatial rifts, or arcane portals instead. As of late, their guildmaster, the dragon Niv-Mizzet, has driven the Izzet to delve deeper and deeper into more dangerous and experimental magic. The purpose of these experiments is unknown.
Illus. Noah Bradley
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind. Niv-Mizzet, the leader and original parun of the Izzet League, is an ancient, vain, temperamental, and super-intelligent dragon. Niv-Mizzet rarely stoops to concern himself with the day-to-day running of the guild, preferring to craft long-range plans and let his underlings implement the details. Niv-Mizzet uses his personal court, the Izmundi, to guide his machinations and to keep him abreast of the happenings in the wider world. The Izmagnus are the most powerful members of the Izmundi, which typically has five to seven members, including some whose identities are kept secret. Even members of the Izmagnus are not privy to Niv-Mizzet’s highest-level plans and goals.
Illus. Todd Lockwood
Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind. Nivix is the home of Niv-Mizzet and the central guildhall of the Izzet. Nivix is a massive tower, comparable in size to New Prahv. Every level of the tower houses Izzet alchemists, mages, and sages who are constantly theorizing, experimenting, and tossing miscalculated experiments across rooms. The very top of the tower is of course the aerie of Niv-Mizzet himself. Though none of the experimentations of the tower’s residences seem connected, the great dragon treats them all as if they were part of one grand experiment.
Illus. Scott M. Fischer
Members of the Izzet guild have earned Planeswalker Points! This ranks them out of 10!
Have you picked a guild yet?
Find out which guild you are
| Join a guild on PlaneswalkerPoints.com
Download the Izzet Fan Kit
Logo Kit Policy
Guild Kit Policy
Here are the guidelines and policies for use of the Guild Kit:
- Wizards' Trademarks and Product Images. You may use Wizards' trademarks and copyrighted product images and materials provided in the Guild Kits ("Materials") only for the purpose of non-commercial fan activities as expressly permitted in this Policy.
- Social Networking Websites. You may use Wizards Materials on your personal webpage(s) on the Wizards community website located at http://community.wizards.com, and on social networking sites such as Facebook®, Twitter®, and other websites that are substantially similar; provided, however that your use remains compliant with this Policy and the policies, terms and conditions of those sites. Wizards accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from your activities on such sites.
- No Alteration. You must display the Wizards Materials without alteration (except that you may make proportionate reductions in size as technically necessary to accommodate posting on your Website or as necessary for any other purpose permitted under this Policy).
- No Endorsement or Sponsorship. You may not use or display Wizards' trademarks or copyrighted materials in a manner likely to create the impression that Wizards is an official sponsor or author of your Website, activities, or that Wizards endorses or has otherwise expressly licensed your Website. Any endorsement or sponsorship must be approved by Wizards in a separate agreement.
- Use Trademark and Copyright Notices. All uses of the Wizards Materials must include the correct copyright and trademark information on each item and/or page that contains content related to Wizards' property as follows: "Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the United States and other countries. © 2012 Wizards. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved. This website is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC." "
- Trade Dress and Advertising Elements. You may not imitate Wizards' logos, trade dress, or other elements of Wizards product packaging and website. Such imitation could result in confusion for others about your affiliation with or sponsorship by Wizards.
- Merchandise Items Bearing Wizards' Trademarks or Materials: You may not use Wizards Material for any commercial purpose including, without limitation, fundraising, charitable events, manufacturing, selling, or giving away merchandise items such as T-shirts or mugs that bear any Wizards trademark or include Wizards' copyright materials, except pursuant to an express written trademark license. If you are interested in engaging in these activities, please contact www.wizards.com/customerservice. Wizards also reserves all rights to extend our copyrighted materials into other media.
- Inaccurate, Obscene or Libelous Statements Prohibited. Wizards does not allow Wizards Materials to be used on any Website or in any way that promotes sexually explicit materials, violence, discrimination or illegal activities, or makes disparaging, libelous or dishonest statements about Wizards and/or its products, employees and agents
What if my use of Wizards Materials doesn't comply with this Policy?
If Wizards becomes aware of infringing and/or objectionable uses of Wizards Materials, Wizards will contact you and/or your Website operator to try to resolve the matter. If we are unable to reach a reasonable resolution, or if we become aware of a pattern of violations of our Policy, we may pursue appropriate legal action.
Wizards invites you to ask us whatever questions you may have about using the Wizards Materials. Please visit Wizards' customer service webpage www.wizards.com/customerservice. We will do our best to give you timely responses to your questions. Please be aware that there may be some questions that we cannot answer because the information is confidential, trade secret information that Wizards cannot release to the public.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this Guild Kit Policy.
Latest Feature Articles
Consult the archives for more articles!