Meet your DEC Team:
- DEC_Squid served the Seattle Magic community for over 10 years, primarily as a Regional-level official at Grand Prix, Pro Tours and World Championships across the globe.
- DEC_Starfish has been a prolific Magic writer for the last four years and also ran local events in Seattle as a Rules Advisor.
What do Digital Event Coordinators do? Their number one goal is to help top-tier tournaments finish properly while keeping everyone informed on what’s happening in their event. DECs monitor events in real time and ensure your tournament progresses through rounds smoothly.
When or how will I see a DEC in action?
- After you report a technical issue affecting your ability to play in your top-tier tournament to an ORC, the DEC will be notified and will reach out directly to you and your opponent to begin determining what actions are needed.
- If the DEC determines an issue has arisen that might cause a round to be unduly delayed, the DEC will communicate with all players in the event via the Scheduled Events chat room.
- If a technical issue causes games to freeze or suffer substantial lag, or causes players to be kicked off the server, the DEC can extend timers for all matches in the tournament. This ensures players won't be dropped by the system and they'll have enough time to complete their match if the issue is resolved in a reasonable length of time.
Magic Online is making strides to improve customer service in our top-tier tournaments. The DEC team shares your passion for playing Magic – adding the DECs is another step we are taking at Wizards to ensure you're having a great play experience.
You’re in good hands with our Digital Event Coordinators!