- Mirrodin Besieged is the second set in the Scars of Mirrodin block.
- The set features 155 black-bordered cards, including randomly inserted premium versions of all cards in the set.
- It will be available in intro packs, booster packs, and fat packs.
- The set introduces new mechanics including battle cry and living weapon.
- A new Planeswalker card is included.
A World Divided
In the Mirrodin Besieged set, the Phyrexian assault on the metallic plane of Mirrodin intensifies. The Mirran resistance rallies to survive and overcome. Both sides bring the full might of their arsenals to bear. Not only does this set have more of what made the Scars of Mirrodin set great—incredible artifacts, poison, Equipment, Myr—but it also has some innovative and deadly new tricks. And again, nearly every card in the set has a symbol of its allegiance in its text box.
As the fate of one world hangs in the balance, Magic players in our world get to enjoy all the wicked weapons this war has to offer. Which side has earned your allegiance?
Explore the plane of Mirrodin and follow the conflict as it unfolds on the Mirrodin Site.
Prerelease Date: January 29-30, 2011
Release Date: February 4, 2011
Launch Party: February 4-7, 2011
Magic Online Release: February 21, 2011
Game Day: March 5-6, 2011
Design Team: Mark Gottlieb (lead), Gregory Marques, Ken Nagle, Mark Rosewater, Mike Turian
Development Team: Erik Lauer (lead), Ryan Dhuse, Zac Hill, Tom LaPille, Mike Turian