Posted in Feature
on February 20, 2007
|Play the Game, See the World
|Wondering about life on the Pro Tour? Watch as some of the game's best players from past and present talk about the role the Pro Tour has played in their lives. Download now! (26.1 MB zip WMP)
|Life totals for Pro Tour–San Diego Qualifiers will start at 30 life. You can read the DCI announcement about this change here.
|For additional information about Pro Tour San Diego Qualifiers, click here for the San Diego PTQ FAQ.
- Swiss Rounds: Two-Headed Giant Sealed Deck, Top 4 Teams: Two-Headed Giant Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product:
- Events prior to May 4, 2007: 1 Time Spiral tournament pack, 1 Time Spiral booster, and 3 Planar Chaos boosters per team.
- Events on or after May 4, 2007: 1 Time Spiral tournament pack, 2 Planar Chaos boosters, and 2 Future Sight boosters per team.
- Booster Draft Product
- Events prior to May 4, 2007: 4 Time Spiral boosters and 2 Planar Chaos boosters per team.
- Events on or after May 4, 2007: 2 Time Spiral boosters, 2 Planar Chaos boosters, and 2 Future Sight boosters per team.
- Deck lists are required
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Swiss rounds - 60 minutes per round
- Deck registration time limit is 20 minutes, deck build time limit is 60 minutes.
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
||Number of Rounds
|5 – 8
|9 – 16
|17 – 32
|33 – 64
|65 – 128
|129 – 226
|227 – 409
|410 or higher
- All teams may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 4 teams after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 4 single-elimination finals.
- Top 4 matches will be single-game matches.
- Top 4 matches will have no time limit
- The Top 4 teams will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting.
- The Top 4 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 32K, REL 3 (Competitive)
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- The rules for Two-headed Giant booster draft can be found in the Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Invitations, Eligibility, and Prize Money
Any team (qualified or not) may play in any Pro Tour – San Diego Qualifier. During a Pro Tour – San Diego Qualifier, teams may renounce an invitation they earn from the event. The only time a team invitation may be renounced is at the event where the invitation is earned. Invitations may be renounced any time from the start of the event until five minutes after the end of the final of the tournament. Any one member of the team may renounce the entire team’s invitation by signing the appropriate form, which is available from the head judge. If a team rescinds its invitation, the invitation will pass down to the next appropriate team.
- Invitations to Pro Tour–San Diego (exact number of invitations determined by tournament location)
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Qualifier offer airline travel. See individual schedules for details.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, Arena–The League for Magic: The Gathering, DCI players’ organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, State/Provincial Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or send email to us via the form at http://wizards.custhelp.com.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, and Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. 2007 Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Latest Feature Articles
Consult the archives for more articles!