|Play the Game, See the World|
|Wondering about life on the Pro Tour? Watch as some of the game's best players from past and present talk about the role the Pro Tour has played in their lives. Download now! (26.1 MB zip WMP)|
- North America
- Latin America
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- Australia and New Zealand
Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
- Extended-constructed format
- The Planar Chaos expansion is not legal for use in the Extended format until February 20, 2007. Events held prior to this date will not use the Planar Chaos expansion.
- Deck lists are required
- Swiss rounds will each be 50 minutes in length
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
|17 - 32||5|
|33 - 64||6|
|65 - 128||7|
|129 - 226||8|
|227 - 410||9|
|411 or higher||10|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 32K, REL 3
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Invitations, Eligibility, and Prize Money
Players already holding an invitation to Pro Tour–Yokohama are prohibited from participating in any Pro Tour–Yokohama Qualifiers, with the exception of Grand Prix tournaments. Players may have earned invitations through cumulative past performance in the Pro Tour, appropriate Pro Tour Players Club level, winning a previous Qualifier, finishing Top 16 at a Grand Prix tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official ratings invitation announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Invitations to Pro Tour–Yokohama (exact number of invitations determined by tournament location)
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Qualifier offer airline travel. See individual schedules for details.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, Arena–The League for Magic: The Gathering, DCI players’ organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, State/Provincial Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or send email to us via the form at http://wizards.custhelp.com.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, and Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc.