The following Sweepstakes is intended for play in the U.S. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to U.S. laws. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the U.S. at the time of entry.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO ANY LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND 14 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sale representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of promotion materials, and the members of the immediate families and households of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Time ("PT") on November 30th, 2007 and ends at 12:00 PM (PT) on December 21st, 2007. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by (1) going to MySpace.com® and sending a request to be added to the Magic: The Gathering friends list to the Magic: the Gathering MySpace account at http://www.myspace.com/wizards_mtg, and (2) sending an email to email@example.com that includes your MySpace account name and physical mailing address. For those who have already been added to the Magic: The Gathering friends list prior to 12:00PM PT on November 30th, 2007, you need only enter this Sweepstakes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your MySpace account name and physical mailing address.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures; ISP/network/web site accessibility or availability; garbled or jumbled transmissions; injury or damage to any participant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website; and/or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of online entry information. Online entry data that have been tampered with or altered in any way are void. Any use of robotic, automated, programmed, or like online entry methods is prohibited.
Limit one (1) entry per person per household per e-mail address.
By entering, participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
3. PRIZES/ODDS: One hundred (100) individuals will be awarded one (1) Magic: The Gathering Tenth Edition booster pack. Approximate Retail Value $3.99. If any winner cannot accept prize as stated, prize will be forfeited. Odds of winning will depend on the time your entry is received and the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of entries are received.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: There will be up to a total of 100 winning entries determined as the first 100 individuals who enter this Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. All entries are subject to verification, confirmation and compliance with these Official Rules. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about December 21st, 2007. In case of dispute as to identity of winner who enters online, winning entry will be declared by the registered holder of the e-mail account, who must be eligible under and comply with these Official Rules. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal/greater value, if advertised prize becomes unavailable. All taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize.
5. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND SUBMISSIONS: Participants acknowledge and agree that any information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes may be used by Sponsor for market research, and will not be shared with other organizations for commercial and other purposes. Once received, all entries and any optional submissions of comments or suggestions will become property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Any submissions may be published on the Sponsor's website or in other collateral materials at the Sponsor's discretion, and by entering participants grant Sponsor a license to do so.
6. RELEASES: By entering, participant releases Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the employees, contract workers, officers, directors and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses and damages to any person (including but not limited to death) and to property of any kind caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name and address (city, state), photograph, likeness and statements made by the winner regarding the Sweepstakes and Sponsor for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, where permitted by law. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize to the winner (as deemed appropriate by Sponsor) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
8. Sweepstakes sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., 1600 Lind Ave. SW, Suite 400, Renton, WA 98057. MySpace does not endorse or sponsor this Sweepstakes.