Fira de Barcelona - Montjuic
May 11-13, 2012
The second Pro Tour of 2012 comes to Barcelona and features the debut of the new Avacyn Restored set on the premier-play stage. The top players from around the world will be in Barcelona to battle for fame, glory, and cash prizes in the Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed and Avacyn Restored Booster Draft formats. Tune in for the expanded three-day live webcast starting Friday morning for complete access to the Pro Tour: live match coverage, deck techs, behind-the-scenes interviews with R&D members, and much more!
- Pro Tour Avacyn Restored Qualifier Season
- Pro Tour Avacyn Restored Invitation List
- Where to buy Magic: The Gathering in Barcelona
- How to Earn a Pro Tour Invitation
The live video webcast for Pro Tour Avacyn Restored begins Friday morning and runs all three days, with Brian David-Marshall, Rich Hagon, Sheldon Menery, Rashad Miller, Zac Hill, and Marshall Sutcliffe calling the action. The live video stream can be found at www.wizards.com/webcast. Check out the schedule below to find the start time in your area (start times approximate):
|Barcelona||9 a.m.||10 a.m.||10:45 a.m.|
|Los Angeles||Midnight||1 a.m.||1:45 a.m.|
|Chicago||2 a.m.||3 a.m.||3:45 a.m.|
|New York||3 a.m.||4 a.m.||4:45 a.m.|
|Rio de Janeiro||4 a.m.||5 a.m.||5:45 a.m.|
|London||8 a.m.||9 a.m.||9:45 a.m.|
|Paris||9 a.m.||10 a.m.||10:45 a.m.|
|Berlin||9 a.m.||10 a.m.||10:45 a.m.|
|Moscow||11 a.m.||Noon||12:45 p.m.|
|Tokyo||4 p.m.||5 p.m.||5:45 p.m.|
|Sydney||5 p.m.||6 p.m.||6:45 p.m.|
More Event Coverage
In addition to the live video stream, text coverage will be available at DailyMTG.com starting Friday morning, live chat sessions with players, R&D staff, and coverage reporters will take place at various times during the three days on CoverItLive, and video content will be posted to YouTube on the wizardsmtg channel.
The official Twitter hashtag for Pro Tour Avacyn Restored is #ptavr.
The Pro Tour Social Network
We know you’re a fan of Magic: The Gathering; now you can make it official! Check out Magic on Facebook: become a fan, find out about new updates to Magic and the Pro Tour, view exclusive photos, share your story with the community, and more!
Pro Tour Avacyn Restored also features the return of the Fantasy Pro Tour on Facebook. Pick your roster of cards by type and earn points based on how many times those cards show up in decks that record at least 18 points in the 10 Constructed rounds of Swiss play. Compete against your friends to see who can best predict the Block Constructed metagame! Season 2 of the Fantasy Pro Tour launches the week of April 30.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to set up a media credential for Pro Tour Avacyn Restored. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted by April 27 (two weeks prior to the event). Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
Media check-in will take place Thursday, May 10 from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. at the event site. If you cannot attend the check-in period, please make arrangements via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address prior to the event.
|Top 25 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Return to Ravnica in Seattle. All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.|
Pro Tour Avacyn Restored is a three-day invitation-only Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed and Avacyn Restored Booster Draft format event with an Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed Top 8.
The tournament hall is closed to the public. Each Pro Tour participant is allowed one guest. Security wristbands will be distributed at the entrance to the hall on Thursday during registration and Friday morning. For Pro Tour participants and their guests, the hall will be open at these times:
Thursday: 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Infraction & Penalty Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
- Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed and Avacyn Restored Booster Draft
- 3 Avacyn Restored boosters will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check Magic Tournament Rules for Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed and Booster Draft format rules.
- Day 1 will consist of 5 rounds of Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed followed by 3 rounds of Booster Draft
- Day 2 will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 55 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament.
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition.
- Players with 12 or more match points after round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition.
- The top 8 players after round 16 will advance to Sunday’s Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 will be Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed format
- Top 8 matches will be best 3 of 5
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- While there are no time limits in the Top 8, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Innistrad-Avacyn Restored Block Constructed deck for Day 1, Day 2, and the Top 8
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
3 p.m. - 8 p.m.: Player registration
8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted.
9 a.m.: Mandatory Player meeting begins. Decklists are collected from player tables by judges.
9:15 a.m.: Day 1 play begins.
8:55 a.m.: Day 2 pairings posted.
9 a.m.: Day 2 play begins.
10:30 a.m.: Finals players check in at the Top 8 area.
11 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin.