The second Masters Series will be held at Pro Tour Chicago from November 30 to December 3.
For information about Pro Tour Chicago 2000, click here.
Hyatt Regency Chicago
On the Riverwalk
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Columbus Rooms I & J for Thursday Masters and Gateway, Pro Tour Feature Match area all other days.
- Top 5 Limited players based on the DCI ratings published October 23, 2000
- Top 25 players in the PT New York 2000 Pro Standing (posted after Pro Tour New York, October 1)
- Top 2 players from the Masters Gateway Tournament, held November 30 in Chicago.
- Single-Elimination Invasion Booster Draft
- All players will draft, play 2 rounds in their pod (cutting to 8 players) then draft again for the final 3 rounds of play.
Thursday, November 30, 2000
8:00 AM Registration for Gateway tournament (only open to players with 6 or more Pro Points in the PT New York 2000 Pro Standing)
9:00 AM Gateway Tournament Begins (Invasion sealed deck or booster draft - to be determined)
5:00 PM Registration for Masters Series (only open to 32 invited players)
6:00 PM Draft #1 of Masters for 32 players (Invasion booster draft)
7:00 PM Round 1 of Masters begins (no time limit) - 32 players
9:00 PM Round 2 of Masters begins (no time limit) - 16 players
Friday, December 1, 2000
9:00 AM Pro Tour Chicago Player Meeting (Pro Tour Chicago is Standard format)
5:00 PM Draft #2 of Masters for 8 players (Invasion booster draft)
6:00 PM Round 3 of Masters begins (no time limit) - 8 players
Saturday, December 2, 2000
9:00 AM Day Two of Pro Tour Chicago
5:00 PM Round 4 of Masters begins (no time limit) - 4 players
Sunday, December 3, 2000
9:00 AM Finals of Pro Tour Chicago and Round 5 of Masters begins (no time limit) - top 2 players