Palais des Congres, Hall 220e
February 15-17, 2013
The Pro Tour returns to Canada for the first time in more than 10 years and features the debut of the new Gatecrash set on the premier-play stage. The top players from around the world will be in Montreal to battle for fame, glory, and $250,000 in cash prizes in the Standard Constructed and Gatecrash Booster Draft formats. Tune in for the three-day live webcast starting Friday morning for complete access to the Pro Tour: live match coverage, deck techs, behind-the-scenes interviews with R&D members, and much more!
- Pro Tour Gatecrash Invitation List
- Where to buy Magic: The Gathering in Montreal
- How to Earn a Pro Tour Invitation
The live video webcast for Pro Tour Gatecrash begins Friday morning and runs all three days, with Brian David-Marshall, Rich Hagon, Tim Willoughby, Rashad Miller, Zac Hill, and Marshall Sutcliffe calling the action. The live video stream can be found at www.wizards.com/webcast and twitch.tv/magicprotour. Check out the schedule below to find the start time in your area (start times approximate):
|Montreal||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||11 a.m.|
|Los Angeles||6 a.m.||6 a.m.||8 a.m.|
|Chicago||8 a.m.||8 a.m.||10 a.m.|
|New York||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||11 a.m.|
|Rio de Janeiro||Noon||Noon||2 p.m.|
|London||2 p.m.||2 p.m.||4 p.m.|
|Paris||3 p.m.||3 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|Berlin||3 p.m.||3 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|Moscow||6 p.m.||6 p.m.||8 p.m.|
|Tokyo||11 p.m.||11 p.m.||1 a.m. Monday|
|Sydney||1 a.m. Saturday||1 a.m. Sunday||3 a.m. Monday|
More Event Coverage
In addition to the live video stream, text coverage will be available at DailyMTG.com starting Friday morning, live chat sessions with players, R&D staff, and coverage reporters will take place at various times during the three days on CoverItLive, and video content will be posted to YouTube on the wizardsmtg channel.
The official Twitter hashtag for Pro Tour Gatecrash is #ptgtc.
The Pro Tour Social Network
We know you’re a fan of Magic: The Gathering; now you can make it official! Check out Magic on Facebook: become a fan, find out about new updates to Magic and the Pro Tour, view exclusive photos, share your story with the community, and more!
Pro Tour Gatecrash also features the Fantasy Pro Tour on Facebook. Pick your roster of cards by type and earn points based on how many times those cards show up in decks that record at least 18 points in the 10 Constructed rounds of Swiss play. Compete against your friends to see who can best predict the Standard metagame! The new season of the Fantasy Pro Tour launches the week of January 28.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to set up a media credential for Pro Tour Gatecrash. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted by February 1 (two weeks prior to the event). Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
Media check-in will take place Thursday, February 14 from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. at player registration (see below for information). If you cannot attend the check-in period, please make arrangements via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address prior to the event.
|Top 25 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Dragon's Maze in San Diego. All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.|
Pro Tour Gatecrash is a three-day invitation-only Standard and Gatecrash Booster Draft format event with Standard Top 8.
The tournament hall is closed to the public. Each Pro Tour participant is allowed one guest. Security wristbands will be distributed at the entrance to the hall on Thursday during registration and Friday morning. For Pro Tour participants and their guests, the hall will be open at these times:
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Single-card vendors Card Haus and Gaming Etc. will be at the venue starting Thursday night for player registration. To ensure specific card availability, we encourage players to contact these vendors in advance of the Pro Tour.
The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Infraction & Penalty Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
- Standard and Gatecrash Booster Draft
- 3 Gatecrash boosters will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check Magic Tournament Rules for Standard Constructed and Booster Draft format rules.
Time: 6-9 p.m., Thursday, February 14
7:30-8:30 a.m., Friday, February 15
Location: Palais des Congres
1001 Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle
Montréal, QC H2Z 1H5, Canada
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Pro Tour Gatecrash. Forms can be downloaded at www.wizards.com/protour and will be available onsite.
Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver’s license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
We encourage players to attend mandatory registration on Thursday. However we understand that delays might cause players to miss this and we have a registration on Friday morning between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Players at late registration do not always receive the same gifts as those at mandatory registration.
Players not registered by 8:30 a.m. on February 15, 2013 may be denied entry to the Pro Tour.
If you anticipate any difficulty registering during the official registration hours, please contact Scott Larabee at email@example.com.
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- Day 2 will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 55 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament.
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition.
- Players with 12 or more match points after round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition.
- The top 8 players after round 16 will advance to Sunday’s Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 will be Standard Constructed format
- Top 8 matches will be best 3 of 5
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- While there are no time limits in the Top 8, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard Constructed deck for Day 1, Day 2, and the Top 8
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.: Player registration at Palais des Congres
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Player registration at event site
8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
9 a.m.: Mandatory player meeting begins. Standard Constructed decklists are collected from player tables by judges.
9:15 a.m.: Day 1 play begins
8:55 a.m.: Day 2 pairings posted
9 a.m.: Day 2 play begins
10:30 a.m.: Finals players check in at the Top 8 area
11 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin