All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
Time: 18:00 - 21:00., Thursday, June 9
Nagoya Trade & Industry Center
2-6-3 Fukiage, Chikusa-ku
Note: This registration period is only for players participating in the main event. Registration information for Public Events will be posted at a later date.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Pro Tour Nagoya. Forms can be downloaded at www.wizards.com/protour and will be available onsite.
Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver’s license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
We encourage players to attend mandatory registration on Thursday. However we understand that delays might cause players to miss this and we have a registration on Friday morning between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Players at late registration do not always receive the same gifts as those at mandatory registration.
Players not registered by 8:30 a.m. on June 10, 2011 may be denied entry to the Pro Tour.
If you anticipate any difficulty registering during the official registration hours, please contact Scott Larabee at +1-206-793-3534 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scars of Mirrodin Block Constructed and Booster Draft
- 1 New Phyrexia, 1 Mirrodin Besieged and 1 Scars of Mirrodin boosters (in that order) will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check www.thedci.com for Block Constructed and Booster Draft format rules.
- Day 1 will consist of 5 rounds of Block Constructed followed by 3 rounds of Booster Draft
- Day 2 will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Block Constructed
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 55 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament.
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition.
- Players with 15 or more match points after round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition.
- The top 8 players after round 16 will advance to Sunday’s Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 will be Booster Draft format
- Top 8 matches will be best 3 of 5
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- While there are no time limits in the Top 8, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- 48K, REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Block Constructed deck for Day 1 and Day 2
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
8:55 AM Seating for player meeting posted.
9:00 AM Mandatory Player meeting begins. Deck lists are collected from player tables by judges.
9:15 AM Day 1 play begins.
8:55 AM Day 2 pairings posted.
9:00 AM Day 2 play begins.
10:30 AM Finals players check in at the Top 8 area.
11:00 AM Top 8 Draft and single-elimination matches begin.
All Amounts in US Dollars