The entry fee for all Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournaments in Japan is ¥7,000.
- The format for all Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifiers tournaments is Two-Headed Giant Limited (Sealed Deck + Booster Draft playoffs). For information on this format, please refer to the DCI™ Universal Tournament Rule and Magic Floor Rules documents on the DCI Document Center.
- Events prior to May 4, 2007 will use 1 Time Spiral tournament pack, 1 Time Spiralbooster pack, and 3 Planar Chaosbooster packs per team for the Sealed Deck portion of the tournament, and 4 Time Spiralboosters and 2 Planar Chaos booster packs per team for the Booster Draft portion of the tournament.
- Events on or after May 4, 2007 will use 1 Time Spiraltournament pack, 2 Planar Chaos booster packs, and 2 Future Sight booster packs per team for the Sealed Deck portion of the tournament, and 2 Time Spiral booster packs, 2 Planar Chaos booster packs, and 2 Future Sight booster packs per team for the Booster Draft portion of the tournament.
- Deck lists are required.
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- The structure for all Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournaments will be modified Swiss-style, with the Top 4 teams playing in a single-elimination round for prizes and invitations.
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 60 minutes.
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
|Attendance (Teams)||Number of Rounds|
|5 – 8||4|
|9 – 16||5|
|17 – 32||6|
|33 – 64||7|
|65 – 128||8|
|129 – 226||9|
|227 – 409||10|
|410 or higher||11|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the Top 4 single-elimination finals.
Top 4 Finals
- All Top 4 matches at Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournaments will be single-game matches.
- Top 4 matches will have no time limit.
- The Top 4 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting.
- The Top 4 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- When necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournaments are run at Rules Enforcement Level 3, and are 32K.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
Invitations and Eligibility
Players already holding an invitation to Pro Tour—San Diego are prohibited from participating in any Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournaments, with the exception of Grand Prix tournaments. Players may have earned invitations through performance at a previous Pro Tour, Player's Club membership level, winning a previous Qualifier or Grand Prix tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official ratings invitation announcement for the appropriate Pro Tour). Please refer to the Pro Tour-San Diego Fact Sheet for a list of qualified players.
- The winning team of each Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifier tournament in Japan will receive an invitation to the Pro Tour and a round-trip ticket from his/her closest international airport to San Diego.
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer.
- The Pro Tour—San Diego Qualifiers will also feature a special Amateur prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be awarded to the highest-finishing amateur teams in addition to any other prizes those teams receive from the main tournament prize schedule . The highest-finishing amateur teams will receive additional booster packs as follows:
Amateur Award Prize Schedule
|3rd - 4th||12 packs each|
A team is considered to have amateur status as long as all of its members are amateur players. If a player has ever participated in ANY Pro Tour or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.
Last Update: April 3, 2007
|2007-05-05||Osaka-shi, Osaka-fu||Yodogawa Ku-min Center||10:00-10:30||Satoshi Miyamoto (dandelion @ s2.dion.ne.jp)||Website|
|2007-05-05||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Kanagawa Koukaidou||9:30-10:00||Tomoya Nakajima (nakajt08 @ f2.dion.ne.jp)||Website|
|2007-05-05||Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||Sawara Shi-min Center||9:50-10:20||Makoto Oobayashi (kyushumtg @ gmail.com)||Website|
|2007-05-06||Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||Itabashi-ku Green Hall||10:00-10:30||Naoaki Umesaki (ume-nao @ myad.jp)||Website|
|2007-05-12||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Takeshi Miyasaka (miyaken @ lom.jp)||Website|
|2007-05-13||Hokkaido, Sapporo-shi||Kaderu 2.7||9:30-10:30||Yuusuke Miwa (kuin @ magikuin.com)||Website|
|2007-05-19||Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||Nagoya Kouwan Kaikan||9:30-10:30||Yuu Kanazawa (dianna @ mvb.biglobe.ne.jp)||Website|
|2007-05-20||Miyagi-ken, Sendai-shi||Sensai Fukkou Kinen-kan||9:30-10:00||Yuu Saitou (saitoumu @ hotmail.com||Website|