Posted in Feature
on August 20, 2012
My Chaos. My Carnage. My Guild.
The Rakdos Cult is a large group of hedonists, sadists, criminals, and psychopaths under the leadership of a powerful demon named Rakdos. The Rakdos Cult combines an instinctual bloodlust and desire for power. They’re sadistic and cruel simply for the fun of it. Opportunistic violence is their modus operandi. Mayhem and personal enjoyment is their goal. They want Ravnica to bow to their whims and anything that gets in their way—or happens to be walking by—is fair game.
Rakdos lacks a formal structure. The cult members despise rules or anything that curtails their freedom, so there are no laws other than the precept to please their demonic master. On the surface, the activities of the guild are run by loosely affiliated “Rings,” each led by a Ringmaster, and each with its own sphere of influence, commodities, and cult followers.
Illus. Eytan Zana
Rakdos the Defiler. Rakdos was one of Ravnica’s paruns, or founding guildmasters, and for millennia he has been in complete control of his guild. Capricious and megalomaniacal, he wants everything to happen on a grand scale. One moment roaring with satisfaction at the sight of his performers, the next ordering that they be set on fire and laughing cruelly as they die. When Rakdos is awake, he is the undisputed center of attention. His whims are catered to, whether it’s murder or mutilation, and nothing is spared to please the master. When Rakdos slumbers for days at a time, the cult members ratchet down the murder and chaos. The atmosphere in Rix Maadi becomes political and manipulative as the bloodwitches vie for control. Then Rakdos wakes up, and it’s an orgy of bloodletting and mayhem again.
Illus. Vincent Proce
Rix Maadi, the Dungeon Palace. Rakdos dwells inside Rix Maadi, a guildhall built around a lava pit in the undercity. The most direct route to Rix Maadi is an immense stone staircase that leads down an ancient tunnel called the Demon’s Vestibule. The crumbling walls of the tunnel are covered in colorful banners and old bloodstains. Rix Maadi stands at the far end of a courtyard, its ornate stone edifice flanked by jagged basalt pillars flowing with lava streams. Only the facade of Rix Maadi resembles an actual building. Inside, Rix Maadi is a large natural cavern with a high ceiling and a giant lake of lava.
Illus. Karl Kopinski
Members of the Rakdos guild have earned Planeswalker Points! This ranks them out of 10!
Have you picked a guild yet?
Find out which guild you are
| Join a guild on PlaneswalkerPoints.com
Download the Rakdos Fan Kit
Logo Kit Policy
Guild Kit Policy
Here are the guidelines and policies for use of the Guild Kit:
- Wizards' Trademarks and Product Images. You may use Wizards' trademarks and copyrighted product images and materials provided in the Guild Kits ("Materials") only for the purpose of non-commercial fan activities as expressly permitted in this Policy.
- Social Networking Websites. You may use Wizards Materials on your personal webpage(s) on the Wizards community website located at http://community.wizards.com, and on social networking sites such as Facebook®, Twitter®, and other websites that are substantially similar; provided, however that your use remains compliant with this Policy and the policies, terms and conditions of those sites. Wizards accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from your activities on such sites.
- No Alteration. You must display the Wizards Materials without alteration (except that you may make proportionate reductions in size as technically necessary to accommodate posting on your Website or as necessary for any other purpose permitted under this Policy).
- No Endorsement or Sponsorship. You may not use or display Wizards' trademarks or copyrighted materials in a manner likely to create the impression that Wizards is an official sponsor or author of your Website, activities, or that Wizards endorses or has otherwise expressly licensed your Website. Any endorsement or sponsorship must be approved by Wizards in a separate agreement.
- Use Trademark and Copyright Notices. All uses of the Wizards Materials must include the correct copyright and trademark information on each item and/or page that contains content related to Wizards' property as follows: "Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the United States and other countries. © 2012 Wizards. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved. This website is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC." "
- Trade Dress and Advertising Elements. You may not imitate Wizards' logos, trade dress, or other elements of Wizards product packaging and website. Such imitation could result in confusion for others about your affiliation with or sponsorship by Wizards.
- Merchandise Items Bearing Wizards' Trademarks or Materials: You may not use Wizards Material for any commercial purpose including, without limitation, fundraising, charitable events, manufacturing, selling, or giving away merchandise items such as T-shirts or mugs that bear any Wizards trademark or include Wizards' copyright materials, except pursuant to an express written trademark license. If you are interested in engaging in these activities, please contact www.wizards.com/customerservice. Wizards also reserves all rights to extend our copyrighted materials into other media.
- Inaccurate, Obscene or Libelous Statements Prohibited. Wizards does not allow Wizards Materials to be used on any Website or in any way that promotes sexually explicit materials, violence, discrimination or illegal activities, or makes disparaging, libelous or dishonest statements about Wizards and/or its products, employees and agents
What if my use of Wizards Materials doesn't comply with this Policy?
If Wizards becomes aware of infringing and/or objectionable uses of Wizards Materials, Wizards will contact you and/or your Website operator to try to resolve the matter. If we are unable to reach a reasonable resolution, or if we become aware of a pattern of violations of our Policy, we may pursue appropriate legal action.
Wizards invites you to ask us whatever questions you may have about using the Wizards Materials. Please visit Wizards' customer service webpage www.wizards.com/customerservice. We will do our best to give you timely responses to your questions. Please be aware that there may be some questions that we cannot answer because the information is confidential, trade secret information that Wizards cannot release to the public.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this Guild Kit Policy.
Latest Feature Articles
January 14, 2022
Azusa's Many Journeys
by, Emily Teng
Azusa was a traveling monk who belonged to the sacred order of Jukai Forest. She had always had a restless nature, but in the wake of The Kami War, her wanderings took on a more purposefu...
Consult the archives for more articles!