5 & 6 May 2007Format: Sealed Deck
Scandic Infra City
UPPLANDS VÄSBY (Stockhölm) SE 194-61
Continuing the anniversary year !Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic artists on site to sign your Magic cards, gunslinging against the pro’s, and lots more…
Every player that joins the event receives a free 10th year anniversary deck box.
- Tournament Format: Sealed Deck (Time Spiral tournament pack and 1 Planar Chaos and 1 Future Sight Booster)
- Participation Fee: € 30 / SEK 300
- Preregistration: No pre-registration, the tournament is open for everyone.
Friday 4 May: from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 5 May: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
- Tournament begins: 10:00 A.M.. The Top 64 (or 128) players advance to compete on Sunday.
- Sunday 06 May: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M. (Timespiral Boosterdraft)
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Stockholm is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to a Pro Tour Valencia
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
There's the standard “main-tournament” prize schedule as well as a special “Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $3,000 2 $2,000 3 $1,400 4 $1,300 5-8 $900 9-16 $500 17-20 $400 21-32 $300 33-40 $200 41-50 $150 51-64 $100 Total: $25,000 Amateur Division Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $1,500 2 $1,000 3 $750 4 $400 5 $350 6 $300 7 $250 8 $200 9 $150 10 $100 Total: $5,000
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 8
2nd place: 6
3-4rd place: 5
5-8th place: 4
9-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64rd place: 1
A player is considered to have Amateur status if he or she has never participated in a Pro Tour or World Championship event. If a player has ever participated in a Pro Tour or World Championship event, that player no longer has Amateur status, may not participate in those tournaments which are limited to those with amateur status, and is not eligible for Amateur awards at tournaments which offer such awards. The top finishing players with Amateur status at the beginning of the tournament are eligible to receive these prizes.A team is considered to have Amateur status if all of the individual members of the team have Amateur status (i.e., all members of the team have never participated in a Pro Tour or World Championship event). Note: Players who had previously lost their amateur status due to have Pro Points earned only at Grand Prix events will have their amateur status reinstated.
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 3 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on May 2, 2007.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on May 2, 2007.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on May 2, 2007.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.here for the side events schedule
Get you cards signed!
Alan Pollack will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for gunslinging
Are you courageous enough to challenge them? If the pleasure of playing is insufficient to motivate you, know that there are also boosters to win for those who are able to prevail in one of these friendly yet fierce confrontations.
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2007
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2007 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Dave Sutcliffe bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Stockholm in the Gazetteer
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
Other hotels close by:
Extra travel info
AirportsThere are 2 airports in Stockholm, Bromma and Arlanda. The site is just beside Arlanda and Bromma is on the other side of Stockholm.
For information on what you can do in Stockholm the site www.stockholmtown.com provides all the info you need in 9 different languages.
Public transportFrom Centralstation Saturday morning
Take commuter train from Stockholms central towards Märsta.
Your departure from Stockholms central is at 08:20,
your arrival in Rotebro is at 08:43.
At Rotebro stn östra change to bus 533 towards Upplands Väsby station.
Your departure from Rotebro stn östra is at 08:48.
You arrive in Kanalvägen at approx. 08:54. Walk approx. 200 metres to Infra city. The duration of your journey is 34 minutes.
From Arlanda Saturday morning
Take bus 583 from Arlanda terminal 2 towards Märsta station.
Your departure from Arlanda terminal 2 is at approx. 08:28,
your arrival in Märsta station is at 08:43.
At Märsta change to commuter train towards Södertälje centrum.
Your departure from Märsta is at 08:49,
your arrival in Rotebro is at 09:02.
At Rotebro stn östra change to bus 560 towards Upplands Väsby station.
Your departure from Rotebro stn östra is at 09:17.
You arrive in Infra city at approx. 09:24.
The duration of your journey is 56 minutes.
If you want to look for yourself they go to www.sl.se choose English and then write from where to where you want to go.
For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277