Let Jake Theis be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus multiple daily updates during Pro Tours, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
- Planar Chaos is in the Constructed mix! New studio podcast host Jake Theis welcomes Director of Magic R&D Aaron Forsythe and development intern Erik Lauer to the booth to discuss their early insights. What cards were R&D most concerned about? What hasn't made the splash they expected? And what Standard decks intrigued them coming out of Grand Prix-Kyoto?
- The man, the myth, the cult leader: Mark Gottlieb makes his podcast debut, extending his fingers into new realms of media. Along with delving into his role as MaGo, Mr. Gottlieb spends a little time talking about his day job as Magic Rules Manager. The hot topic: Two-Headed Giant, and many of the rules intricacies the format brings up. With the new 2HG Pro Tour Qualifier season in full swing, you'll want to catch all the inside information.
- Many of March's events are already in the books, but the most important was the start of the Two-Headed Giant Qualifier Season for Pro Tour-San Diego. The season runs until May 20, so grab a buddy and win airplane tickets to the Pro Tour! Also on tap is Grand Prix-Massachusetts (March 31-April 1, also 2HG), along with a little early hype for Pro Tour-Yokohama (April 20-22, Time Spiral Block Constructed) and the Future Sight Worldwide Prerelease Events (April 21-22).
- Download it now! (25 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --