For years, the most popular question I've received in my mail is "How can I get a job in R&D?" Today I have the answer. If you somehow missed the buzz from my article on Monday, Wizards of the Coast is looking for a new designer, and today is the first step for those that will be trying out. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I strongly recommend going back and reading the end of that article so you're up to speed.
Here's how this is going to work. You will have until when the site updates Monday night to turn in your answers from this stage. A selected number of people will then be invited to take part in the next level of screening. Such levels will continue until we whittle the group down to a smaller number of candidates. Those candidates will participate in something of an online "reality show" where we provide design challenges once per week. At the end of each challenge, one or more participants will be eliminated from contention. The final three candidates will advance to the personal interview stage. One of the three will win a paid design internship starting in January, 2007.
Who Is Eligible?
To enter the promotion, all of the following must be true.
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of August 25, 2006.
- As of August 25, 2006, you must be legally eligible for long-term work in the United States for any employer and to live in the United States. Upon request, proof of such eligibility must be provided to Wizards.
- You are fluent in English.
- If you qualify for the Final Round, you agree to timely and fully complete and return an application, questionnaire, Consent and Release Agreement, and any other documents designated by Wizards.
- If you are selected as the winner, you agree to (i) timely and fully complete and return all documents designated by Wizards and (ii) move and live near Wizards’ Renton, Washington headquarters, at your own expense, for six (6) months. Currently we believe this will be in January 2007.
- You have fully read and agree to The Great Designer Search Official Rules located here.
(All of the above conditions must be true for entrants to be eligible.)
Sound good? Then please read the official rules and, if you qualify, complete the first step. When all is said and done, one person that applies will win a six-month paid design internship in R&D!
Click here to see the questions from the first stage.