The top 1000 Mythic-ranked players in either Constructed or Limited during Ravnica Allegiance Season 1 (March 2019) or Season 2 (April 2019) are eligible to compete. Eligible players would have a received an email earlier in the month confirming their eligibility and will see a notification in Magic: The Gathering Arena. Additionally, a Mythic Qualifier badge will be visible on their profile page leading up to the event.
If you do not remember receiving these notifications, and/or do not see the Mythic Qualifier badge on your profile you must contact Customer Supportimmediately to confirm your eligibility. Failure to do so may prevent you from participating in the event!
The format will be best-of-three Standard, including an optional 15 card sideboard, played in a special Magic: The Gathering Arena event queue. Participants will play until 8 wins or 2 losses, whichever comes first. Each player will have 30 minutes on their respective match clock that will count down whenever that player has priority. If a player uses all of their allotted time before the current game finishes, they will be given a match loss regardless of their win/loss record.
Once the 0.15.00.00 game update is live on May 23rd, eligible players will see a Mythic Championship Qualifier event in Magic: The Gathering Arena. This is the event you will join on Saturday, May 25th. If you do not see the event, you will need to contact customer support as soon as possible. To allow us time to investigate and correct any issues with your account, we ask that you contact customer support by 9AM PT (16:00 UTC) on Friday, May 24th otherwise you may be unable to participate.
Entering the Event
Starting at 6AM PT (13:00 UTC) on May 25th, eligible players will be able to join the Mythic Championship Qualifier event in Magic: The Gathering Arena. On the event page, you must hit "Start" to confirm your entry in the event. Players will have until 7AM PT (14:00 UTC) to complete this step. It is strongly encouraged you begin playing as soon as possible after the event starts to ensure you have enough time to play all of your matches.
Once you have started the event, you will be given the option to submit your deck. Deck submissions are final. Once your deck is submitted, you will not be allowed to make any further changes including the sideboard.
Participants will play until 8 wins or 2 losses, whichever comes first. Players will have until 4PM PT (23:00 UTC) to queue for matches, afterwards the matchmaking queue will be disabled. Any matches currently in progress as of 4PM will be allowed to complete, however players will not be able to join any new matches.
All participants in Day 1 will receive an event-exclusive card sleeve at the conclusion of their events. Players will receive 200 gems for every win they earn in Day 1. Details on the rewards for each win will be displayed in the Day 1 event in Magic: The Gathering Arena. Gems will be awarded once a player completes their event.
DAY 2 TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
The Top 128 players at the end of Day 1’s event will receive an invitation to compete in Day 2 of the Mythic Championship Qualifier Weekend. The Top 128 players are determined by:
- Players who achieved the maximum number of allowed wins in the event
- Players who achieved the most number of wins before receiving the maximum number of allowed losses will be invited to Day 2 until 128 players have been invited
- Once a specific number of wins as detailed by the above invites players that exceed the 128 player cap for day 2, players will be invited based on the highest Mythic rank a player achieved during the qualifying seasons for the Mythic Championship Qualifier Weekend
- In the event two or more players have the same Mythic rank, a person’s second highest Mythic ranked will be used to break the tie, and so on until the tie is broken
- Both Constructed and Limited Mythic rankings will be considered for the purposes of breaking ties
- Mythic ranking looks at Mythic #1 through Mythic #1200, and then proceeds to look at a player’s non-numeric ranking which is ordered as Mythic, then Diamond, then Platinum, then Gold, then Silver, then Bronze, and then ‘Did Not Participate’
- In the event a player is tied across all ranked seasons for breaking a tie, then the tie will be broken by the player with the fewest number of losses in Day 1, followed by the person who took their first loss latest in their completion of Day 1, and then the person who took their second loss latest in their completion of Day 1
- In the event players are still tied, then the tie will be broken through random determination
All players in the Top 128 will receive an email from email@example.com after the completion of Day 1 with details on how to participate in Day 2, and will be given a deadline of midnight (Sunday, 07:00 UTC) to submit required information to participate in Day 2. The event is currently scheduled to begin at 8AM PT (15:00 UTC).
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
- 9:30AM PT (16:30 UTC): 0.15.00.00 game update is released. Eligible players will see the Mythic Championship Qualifier event in-game.
- 6AM PT (13:00 UTC): Day 1 Begins
- 7AM PT (14:00 UTC): Event entry is closed. Players must have joined the in-game event prior to the 7AM deadline to begin playing their matches.
- 4PM PT (23:00 UTC): Matchmaking queue is disabled. In-progress games will be allowed to finish.
- Midnight PT (07:00 UTC May 26th): Deadline to submit require information for Day 2 participation.
Players who qualify for Day 2 will receive additional information and instructions via email after Day 1 was completed.
- 8AM PT (15:00 UTC): Day 2 Begins
For any questions regarding eligibility or participating in the event, or if you encounter any issues with your account leading up to the event, please contact customer support, subject line: "Mythic Championship Qualifier".