Magic Online Announcements, November 10, 2020
What Is the Magic Online Weekly Announcements Blog?
Every Tuesday, we round up all the biggest Magic Online news for the Weekly Announcements Blog.
Check in weekly for the latest updates!
Tell us how we're doing with the MTGO Player Satisfaction Survey. Like what you see? Let us know. Think we can do better? Let us know. This is your chance to give us direct feedback, so please take a few minutes to do so. Thanks in advance, and have fun.
We have a ZNR redemption update, including adjusted timelines due to the late start:
- Redemption release date: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Redemption reprint guarantee: March 3, 2021
- Redemption cutoff: April 7, 2021
That's right! Vintage Cube has returned, and it's unlike any other cube out there. Overflowing with iconic cards from Magic's 27-year history, Vintage Cube ends November 19, plenty of time to draft the super-deck of your dreams!
You can view the change list below or, for a full card list, click here.
We've heard a significant amount of feedback on the previously announced alternative play schedule, and we're making a few changes that most of you will likely be quite happy about. The classic Vintage Cube draft will now be running over Christmas Day!
► The new addition to the Spotlight Cube Series, previously scheduled for the week beginning December 16, will be moved to the week beginning January 13.
► Vintage Cube Supreme, previously scheduled for the week beginning December 23, will be moved to the week beginning December 16.
► The classic Vintage Cube draft, previously scheduled for three weeks beginning December 30, will still last for three weeks but will begin on December 23 instead.
- November 4–19: Vintage Cube. Don't worry, this isn't replacing our end-of-year tradition of more Vintage Cube. But we've got a little event called the MOCS happening during this two-week run's second weekend, and it uses Vintage Cube as part of the competition. So, to ensure players have the ability to practice for the event, everyone gets an extra two weeks of Vintage Cube.
- November 25–December 2: This week, a popular cube from the Spotlight Cube Series returns: Kyle O'Neill's Core Set Cube, now updated through Core Set 2021! (Not to be confused with the kor set Zendikar Rising, which will still have full events running.)
- December 2–9: Chaos Draft: Masters Sets. For just this week, our Chaos Drafts are going to take only the top sets! Every set in this draft will be a Masters set, and it'll be glorious.
- December 9–16: Supreme Draft: CHAOS! Combining the fun of Supreme Draft with Chaos Draft, you'll draft a deck from 18 different packs. Which packs? Who knows? Enjoy the chaos!
- December 16–23: Supreme Draft: Vintage Cube. What happens when you combine one of the most powerful formats ever with the most powerful Draft style? Yep. A week of that.
- December 23–January 13: Vintage Cube. Another update in, this time with Commander Legends cards in the mix. This is easily the most common request we get, so
. . .we hear you. More Vintage Cube. This will last for a few weeks, until . . .
- January 13–20: A brand-new addition to the Spotlight Cube Series. As usual, more details will come later, but this one promises to be a wheel of a good time.
- January 20–28: Vintage Masters Flashback. One of the most popular Draft formats of all time is back to round out Zendikar Rising season. We'll have a little more than a week of that, and then
. . .well, it's not quite time to talk about Kaldheim just yet.
On Saturday, November 14, there will be a Pioneer Super Qualifier at a special start time of 3 a.m. PST (11:00 UTC)! The entry fee is 40 MOCS Qualifier Points, 40 Event Tickets, or 400 Play Points. The top two finishers qualify for the Kaldheim Split Championship on MTG Arena.
Learn more about Super Qualifier events here.
On Sunday, November 15, there will be a Modern Split Championship Qualifier at 7 a.m. PST (15:00 UTC)! The entry fee is 40 MOCS Qualifier Points. The winner qualifies for the Kaldheim Split Championship on MTG Arena.
Learn more about Split Championship Qualifier events here.
Format Challenges are the first step toward qualifying for Premier Play through your favorite Magic formats. To learn more about Premier Play qualification, click here.
Magic Online's Format Challenges now run once on Saturdays and once on Sundays for each Constructed format! On weekends featuring Showcase Challenge events, the Format Challenge that starts at either 6 a.m., 8 a.m., or 10 a.m. Pacific time is pre-empted by the Showcase Challenge—Format Challenges scheduled at other times remain in place. NOTE: The Pauper Challenge is never pre-empted.
Check out this page for further event details.
The next downtime will be November 18, beginning at 9 a.m. and continuing until noon. This is for the release of Commander Legends and is a change from previous announcements. All times listed are Pacific time (UTC-8).