Magic Online Announcements, September 4, 2018
What Is the Magic Online Weekly Announcements Blog?
Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news for the Weekly Announcements Blog.
Check in weekly for the latest updates!
Do you like that one card, from that one set, and you just never see it anymore? Fear not, Legacy Cube starts tomorrow and you may see it again! Legacy Cube is full of awesome cards from all legal sets and gives you a chance to really diversify your play time. This starts tomorrow and ends September 27.
View the most recent changes below, or you can find the full card change list here.
- Soulfire Grand Master => Dauntless Bodyguard
- Raise the Alarm => Remorseful Cleric
- Leonin Relic-Warder => Forsake the Worldly
- Linvala, the Preserver => Lyra Dawnbringer
- Collective Effort => Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants
- Elspeth Tirel => Timely Reinforcements
- Hidden Dragonslayer => History of Benalia
- Fiend Hunter => Fairgrounds Warden
- Quarantine Field => Cast Out
- Gisela, the Broken Blade => Brightling
- Bruna, the Fading Light => Arena Rector
- Duskwatch Recruiter => Dryad Greenseeker
- Bloom Tender => Rattleclaw Mystic
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade => Channeler Initiate
- Nissa, Vital Force => Vivien Reid
- Oath of Nissa => Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller => Tendershoot Dryad
- Elder Deep-Fiend => Arcane Artisan
- Harbinger of the Tides => Tempest Djinn
- Icefall Regent => Meloku the Clouded Mirror
- Gitaxian Probe => Sleight of Hand
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded => Demonlord Belzenlok
- Gatekeeper of Malakir => Graveyard Marshal
- Rune-Scarred Demon => Isareth the Awakener
- Abyssal Persecutor => Dread Shade
- Sorin Markov => Bontu's Last Reckoning
- Mogg War Marshal => Dismissive Pyromancer
- Cathartic Reunion => Faithless Looting
- Roast => Fight with Fire
- Act of Aggression => Sunbird's Invocation
- Seal of Fire => Shivan Fire
- Ghor-Clan Rampager => Xenagos, God of Revels
- Dromoka's Command => Glare of Subdual
- Qasali Pridemage => Ajani Unyielding
- Kiora's Follower => Tatyova, Benthic Druid
- Reflector Mage => Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
- Deathrite Shaman => Vraska the Unseen
- Stormchaser Mage => The Locust God
- Boros Charm => Heroic Reinforcements
- Tidehollow Sculler => Magister of Worth
- Murderous Redcap => Angrath, the Flame-Chained
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh => Nicol Bolas, the Ravager
- Sensei's Divining Top => Aethersphere Harvester
- God-Pharaoh's Gift => Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
- Tower of the Magistrate => Westvale Abbey
There will be a dev blog coming out tomorrow, so keep your eye on the MTGO page!
We turned off post-game interactions for a bit to check for bugs, however, they will be available again tomorrow. This means that you will be able to do things such as show your hand, review your game, etc.
Call the Cavalry, because the Dominaria Draft League has begun! Dominaria is ridiculously fun to draft and is full of possibilities
The Modern PTQ Finals originally scheduled for this Sunday will now be held this Saturday, September 8 at 9 a.m. PT. The winner qualifies for Pro Tour Ravnica Allegiance. How exciting! The entry options are 30 Event Tickets or 300 Play Points.
Learn more about Magic Online Pro Tour Qualifiers here.
A Magic Online Regional Pro Tour Qualifier (RPTQ) will take place this Sunday, September 9 at 5 a.m. PT and will use Standard format. These events are only open to players who qualified via in-store Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier events, and pre-registration is required.
For more information on RPTQ events, click here.
The Magic Online Format Challenges continue every weekend for Modern, Vintage, 1v1 Commander, Legacy, and Pauper formats.
NOTE: The Modern Challenge is moving—for this week (Sept. 8)—to 2 p.m. PT
Pacific Daylight Time (-7 from UTC)
Saturday, 2 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m.
Check out this page for further event details.
The next two downtimes will be September 26, 3 a.m.–noon PT/-7 from UTC and October 24, 3 a.m.–noon PT/-7 from UTC. Please note that there are no more 'extended' or 'normal' downtimes; in the new world with fewer downtimes, they're all the same length of time.