What Is the Magic Online Bug Blog?
The "Bug Blog" is a running list of updates, alongside a list of Magic Online known issues. Here you'll find a list of emergent new issues, details around issue statuses when applicable, known issue workarounds, a running tally of known issues updates, as well as the full Known Issues List. The Bug Blog posts to MTGO.com.
Want to find out when something was fixed? Check out the Fixed Known Issues Archive.
As a reminder, it is against our Code of Conduct and User agreement by:
Interfering with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Game, Game Service and/or Software (including cheating, collusion, or exploiting software defects to gain an unfair advantage over other players) or by attempting to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
- Bribing or offering compensation in order to change the game outcome; or
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game
If you believe a player is either violating our Code of Conduct or our User Agreement, then please file a report here.
REPORT A BUG
The Known Issues List below has been updated to reflect the "Change Log" section, so refer to that for the most up-to-date statuses on Magic Online known issues. If you want to see the history of fixed known issues, refer to the archive.
Newly Added Known Issues
- If a deck is chosen for a constructed event, it is the default deck for all other constructed events of that format.
- There are display issues with the Duel Scene Window if the Windows Task Bar is on the top of the screen.
- Sometimes an unexpected error will occur in the Home Scene, but it can be dismissed without issue.
- There are issues with the "stickiness" of how windows open upon the initial launch of the client for users using multiple monitors.
- If a creature loses all abilities, additional abilities granted by Auras are not visually removed.
- There are display issues involving planeswalkers interacting with Imprisoned in the Moon.
- If you choose to exile a split card such as Repudiate // Replicate, you will be given three options, but they all perform the same function.
- There are display prompt issues for cards that prompt a player to pay X.
- If a creature with protection is granted additional protection abilities, they are not visually displayed on that creature.
- Players do not have to select a card when Scheming Symmetry is cast, but they will still shuffle their library.
- Opponents playing lands owned by the controller of City of Traitors will incorrectly trigger it.
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon interacts incorrectly with tokens that exile permanents.
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs makes an Ogre creature token even if its triggered ability cost is paid.
- Breaching Leviathan does not force the creature to remain tapped for a turn.
- Conceding while you control a spell you do not own will cause the spell to be removed from the game entirely.
- If a player concedes when a creature is attacking them, that creature will incorrectly still trigger abilities that require it to deal combat damage to a player.
- If split cards such as Repudiate // Replicate are exiled face down, they are sometimes still revealed to all players.
- There are issues with the undo feature when casting spells with multiple modes.
Known Issues List
The following is a list of known issues on Magic Online. Our goal with the known issues list is to give players insight into what we're working on, as well as helping players avoid problematic bugs and performance issues.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of known issues; it simply contains the ones that we feel players are most likely to encounter. If you're curious behind the specific rationale of which issues are included, we talk a little bit more about it here.
REPORT A BUG
The Magic Online known issues list is divided up into several categories.
Client and Gameplay known issues are based around the client and broad mechanical interactions. Each known issue is also sorted by where you're likely to encounter it within the client; those categories are listed below. You can search the below table by keyword, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Categories: Collection, Deck Building, Duel Scene, General, Leagues, Play Lobby, and Trade.
Cardset known issues are based around specific cards or groups of cards that are not working as intended. Each known issue is also sorted by which format is likely to see the greatest impact from that bug. You can search the below table for specific formats, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Cardset Categories: Standard, Limited, Commander, Modern, Sealed, Draft, General, Legacy, Vintage, Pauper, and Flashback Draft.
Return to Top