What Is the Magic Online Bug Blog?
The "Bug Blog" is a running list of updates, alongside a list of Magic Online known issues. Here you'll find a list of emergent new issues, details around issue statuses when applicable, known issue workarounds, a running tally of known issues updates, as well as the full Known Issues List. The Bug Blog posts to MTGO.com.
Want to find out when something was fixed? Check out the Fixed Known Issues Archive.
As a reminder, it is against our Code of Conduct and User agreement by:
Interfering with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Game, Game Service and/or Software (including cheating, collusion, or exploiting software defects to gain an unfair advantage over other players) or by attempting to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
- Bribing or offering compensation in order to change the game outcome; or
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game
If you believe a player is either violating our Code of Conduct or our User Agreement, then please file a report here.
REPORT A BUG
The Known Issues List below has been updated to reflect the "Change Log" section, so refer to that for the most up-to-date statuses on Magic Online known issues. If you want to see the history of fixed known issues, refer to the archive.
Newly Added Known Issues
- Fuse cards such as Turn // Burn have a visual error when granted other abilities.
- Brawl preconstructed decks grant incorrect art for Command Tower.
- When a card that copies another card with extended art is returned to its owner's hand, it gains visual discrepancies.
- Cards that replace basic land types such as Trait Doctoring do not allow the newly chosen basic land type to add mana of the appropriate color.
- Undercity Scavenger does not require a creature to be sacrificed for its ability.
- There are various issues with Bludgeon Brawl.
Known Issues List
The following is a list of known issues on Magic Online. Our goal with the known issues list is to give players insight into what we're working on, as well as helping players avoid problematic bugs and performance issues.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of known issues; it simply contains the ones that we feel players are most likely to encounter. If you're curious behind the specific rationale of which issues are included, we talk a little bit more about it here.
REPORT A BUG
The Magic Online known issues list is divided up into several categories.
Client and Gameplay known issues are based around the client and broad mechanical interactions. Each known issue is also sorted by where you're likely to encounter it within the client; those categories are listed below. You can search the below table by keyword, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Categories: Collection, Deck Building, Duel Scene, General, Leagues, Play Lobby, and Trade.
Cardset known issues are based around specific cards or groups of cards that are not working as intended. Each known issue is also sorted by which format is likely to see the greatest impact from that bug. You can search the below table for specific formats, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Cardset Categories: Standard, Limited, Commander, Modern, Sealed, Draft, General, Legacy, Vintage, Pauper, and Flashback Draft.
Return to Top