Dates: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 through Wednesday June 10, 2009.
32 Daily Events will be designated MD5 QE's (Qualifying Events). Each MD5 QE will invite the Top 8 finishers to play in the MD5 Block Sealed Deck Tournament on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM PST/1700 UTC.
Formats: Various (Limited and Constructed)
Cost: Constructed Formats – 7 Tix
Limited Formats – 3 Tix, plus Product
Prizes: Top 8 finishers of each MD5 Qualifier are invited to the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament. MD5 Qualifiers will NOT pay MD5 Product as prizes.
MD5 II Sealed Deck Tournament Last Chance to Qualify Queues
After the completion of the scheduled MD5 Qualifiers we will run Last Chance to Qualify Queues for approximately 48 hours running from Wednesday June 10 after the weekly downtime (approximately 1:00 PM PST) until 1:00 PM PST Friday June 12, 2009.
These 8-player single elimination queues will award the 1st place finisher an invitation to compete in the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II. All who participate in a MD5 LCQ will get a Mirrodin prerelease promo card (Sword of Kaldra). The winner of each MD5 LCQ will also receive get a premium copy of this card. No other prizes will be awarded in these queues.
Dates: Wednesday, June 10 after the weekly downtime through Friday June 12, 2009 1:00 pm PST
Formats: Constructed – Standard
Limited – ALA Sealed
Cost: Constructed Format – 4 Tix
Limited Format – Product only
Prizes: The winner of each 8-player queue will qualify to participate in the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II on June 13, 2009.
Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II
START TIME: Saturday June 13, 2009 9:00 AM PST/1700 UTC.
PRODUCT: Mirrodin Tournament Pack, 1 Darksteel Booster, 1 Fifth Dawn Booster. Top 8 Booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Mirrodin, 1 Darksteel, 1 Fifth Dawn booster per player.
ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)
All who participate in the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament will receive a copy of the MD5 block Prerelease promo cards (Sword of Kaldra, Shield of Kaldra, and Helm of Kaldra). In addition the top 8 will receive premium versions of these promo cards.
Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II event, players are not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Tournament before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).
Playing on another person's account, selling your account, etc. are all violations of the Terms of Service. If you play in these, win, and expect to get your prize, be very, very sure you are on your own account. We do not recognize "I and a friend jointly own the account," "It's my brother's account but he gave it to me," or similar. The only exception is an adult may authorize a single dependent child age 13-18 to play on an account that adult has purchased.
All players that have qualified for the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II will be registered into the Tournament a minimum of 8 hours before the scheduled start of the event. It will be the player's responsibility to make sure that they have been properly entered into this event and are able to join it PRIOR to the start of the Tournament. If a player is qualified and is unable to join the tournament, they will need to contact customer service to get this corrected.
Important information regarding system crashes for the Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II
If during the scheduled Mirrodin Block Sealed Deck Tournament II the system crashes, 1 of 2 things will happen:
- The system will come right back up. In this case:
- The event will continue and additional time will be given to allow players to finish the event
- If the system cannot recover the event and "finishes" (prematurely ends) the event, or a WOTC Tournament Coordinator must "finish" (prematurely end) the event within 2 hours of the events scheduled start time:
- The event will re-created and start over from the beginning. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
- The event will be considered canceled and will be rescheduled for Sunday June 14, 2009 9:00 am PST/1700 UTC. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
- The results of the last completed round of Swiss play will be official and the top 8 players from Swiss play will be invited to participate in an 8-player Single Elimination Standard queue and play it out to determine the final standings.
- The results of the last completed round of Single Elimination will be official and the remaining players will be invited to participate in a queue of the correct designated size (8, 4, or 2) and play out to determine the final standings.