Dates: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 through Tuesday November 11, 2008.
32 Daily Events will be designated RGD QE's (Qualifying Events). Each RGD QE will invite the Top 8 finishers to play in the RGD Block Sealed Deck Tournament on Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM PST.
Formats: Various (Limited and Constructed)
|Cost:||Constructed Formats – 7 Tix|
|Limited Formats – 3 Tix, plus Product|
Prizes: Top 8 finishers of each RGD Qualifier are invited to the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament. RGD Qualifiers will NOT pay RGD Product as prizes.
Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament I
START TIME: Saturday November 15, 9:00 am PST.
PRODUCT: Ravnica Tournament Pack, 1 Guildpact™ Booster, 1 Dissension™ Booster. Top 8 Booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Ravnica, 1 Guildpact, 1 Dissension booster per player.
ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)
Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament I event, players are not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Championship before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).
Playing on another person's account, selling your account, etc. are all violations of the Terms of Service. If you play in these, win, and expect to get your prize, be very, very sure you are on your own account. We do not recognize "I and a friend jointly own the account," "It's my brother's account but he gave it to me," or similar. The only exception is an adult may authorize a single dependent child age 13-18 to play on an account that adult has purchased.
All players that have qualified for the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament I will be registered into the championship after the downtime on Wednesday November 12. It will be the player's responsibility to make sure that they have been properly entered into this event and are able to join it PRIOR to the start of the Tournament. If a player is qualified and is unable to join the tournament, they will need to contact customer service to get this corrected.
Important information regarding system crashes for the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament I
If during the scheduled Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament I the system crashes, 1 of 2 things will happen:
The system will come right back up. In this case:
- The event will continue and additional time will be given to allow players to finish the event
If the system cannot recover the event and "finishes" (prematurely ends) the event, or a WOTC Tournament Coordinator must "finish" (prematurely end) the event within 2 hours of the events scheduled start time:
- The event will re-created and start over from the beginning. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
If the event is still in its Swiss Rounds though not the final Swiss round and has been running for more than 2 hours:
- The event will be considered canceled and will be rescheduled for Saturday October 25, 9:00 am PST. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
If the event is in the final round of Swiss play:
- The results of the last completed round of Swiss play will be official and the top 8 players from Swiss play will be invited to participate in an 8-player Single Elimination Standard queue and play it out to determine the final standings.
If the event is in the Top 8:
- The results of the last completed round of Single Elimination will be official and the remaining players will be invited to participate in a queue of the correct designated size (8, 4, or 2) and play out to determine the final standings.