Dates: Wednesday, April 1 though Tuesday April 7, 2009.
32 Daily Events will be designated RGD QE's (Qualifying Events). Each RGD QE will invite the Top 8 finishers to play in the RGD Block Sealed Deck Tournament III on Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM PST.
Formats: Various (Limited and Constructed)
Cost: Constructed Formats – 7 Tix
Limited Formats – 3 Tix, plus Product
Prizes: Top 8 finishers of each RGD Qualifier are invited to the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III. RGD Qualifiers will NOT pay RGD Product as prizes.
RGD III Sealed Deck Championship Last Chance to Qualify Queues
After the completion of the scheduled RGD Qualifiers we will run Last Chance to Qualify Queues for approximately 48 hours running from Wednesday April 8 after the weekly downtime (approximately 1:00 PM PST) until 1:00 PM PST Friday April 10, 2009.
These 8-player single elimination queues will award the 1st place finisher an invitation to compete in the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III (in addition to the Season Championship QPs offered for the winners of all 8-player events).
All who participate in a RGD LCQ will get a Guildpact prerelease promo card (Djinn Illuminatus). The winner of each RGD LCQ will get a premium copy of the Guildpact prerelease promo card (Djinn Illuminatus).
Dates: Wednesday, April 8 after the weekly downtime through Friday April 10, 2009 1:00 pm PST
Formats: Constructed – Standard
Limited – ALA-CON Sealed
Cost: Constructed Format – 4 Tix
Limited Format – Product only
Prizes: The winner of each 8-player queue will qualify to participate in the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III on April 11, 2009.
Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III
START TIME: Saturday April 11, 9:00 am PST.
PRODUCT: Ravnica Tournament Pack, 1 Guildpact™ Booster, 1 Dissension™ Booster. Top 8 Booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Ravnica, 1 Guildpact, 1 Dissension booster per player.
ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)
All who participate in the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III will receive a copy of the RGD block Prerelease promo cards (Gleancrawler, Djinn Illuminatus, and Avatar of Discord). In addition the top 8 will receive premium versions of these promo cards.
Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III event, players are not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Championship before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).
Playing on another person's account, selling your account, etc. are all violations of the Terms of Service. If you play in these, win, and expect to get your prize, be very, very sure you are on your own account. We do not recognize "I and a friend jointly own the account," "It's my brother's account but he gave it to me," or similar. The only exception is an adult may authorize a single dependent child age 13-18 to play on an account that adult has purchased.
All players that have qualified for the Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III from the RGD QEs will be registered into the championship after the downtime on Wednesday February 4 (winners of the LCQs will all be added by Friday April 10 at 5 PM PST). It will be the player's responsibility to make sure that they have been properly entered into this event and are able to join it PRIOR to the start of the Tournament. If a player is qualified and is unable to join the tournament, they will need to contact customer service to get this corrected.
Important information regarding system crashes for the Championship
If during the scheduled Ravnica Block Sealed Deck Tournament III the system crashes, 1 of 2 things will happen:
- The system will come right back up. In this case:
- The event will continue and additional time will be given to allow players to finish the event
- If the system cannot recover the event and "finishes" (prematurely ends) the event, or a WOTC Tournament Coordinator must "finish" (prematurely end) the event within 2 hours of the events scheduled start time:
- The event will re-created and start over from the beginning. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
- The event will be considered canceled and will be rescheduled for Sunday April 12, 9:00 am PST. Results from the previous event will not be carried over.
- The results of the last completed round of Swiss play will be official and the top 8 players from Swiss play will be invited to participate in an 8-player Single Elimination Standard queue and play it out to determine the final standings.
- The results of the last completed round of Single Elimination will be official and the remaining players will be invited to participate in a queue of the correct designated size (8, 4, or 2) and play out to determine the final standings.