A little psychology tidbit: If you ask a person to choose a number between 1 and 10, over three quarters will choose either 3 or 7. If you ask a person to choose a number between 1 and 4, over three quarters will choose 3. One last one. Answer these questions:
- Black or red?
- If black, spades or clubs?
- If red, hearts or diamonds?
- Picture cards or number cards?
- If picture cards, male or female?
- If number cards, odd or even?
- If odd or even, low (5 and below) or high (6 and above)?
- If odd and low, 1, 3 or 5?
- If odd and high, 7 or 9?
- If even and low, 2 or 4?
- If even and high, 6, 8 or 10?
Okay, got a card. Is it the queen of hearts? It should be for over a quarter of you.
What does this have to do with Magic? Not much? But magic (you know rabbits out of hats and ladies sawed in half) can be very useful. As another piece of useless trivia about me, I was a professional magician in my youth.