The entry fee for all Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournaments in Japan is ¥2,000.
- All Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournaments will be Extended-constructed format.
- The Morningtide™ expansion is not legal for use in the Extended format until February 1, 2008. Events held prior to this date will not use the Morningtide expansion.
- Deck lists are required.
- For information on the Extended format, refer to the DCI™ Universal Tournament Rule and Magic Floor Rules documents at the DCI Document Center.
- All Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournaments will be run using modified Swiss-pairing rounds.
- Swiss rounds are 50 minutes long; the number of Swiss rounds is based on attendance according to the following chart.
Attendance Number of Rounds 17 – 32 5 33 – 64 6 65 – 128 7 129 – 226 8 227 – 410 9 411 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
Top 8 Finals
- All Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit.
- When necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournaments are run at Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive, and are 32K.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
Invitations and Eligibility
Players already holding an invitation to Pro Tour—Hollywood are prohibited from participating in any Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournaments, with the exception of Grand Prix tournaments. Players may have earned invitations through performance at a previous Pro Tour, Player's Club membership level, winning a previous Qualifier or Grand Prix tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official ratings invitation announcement for the appropriate Pro Tour).
- The winning player of each Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifier tournament in Japan will receive an invitation to the Pro Tour and a round-trip air ticket from his/her closest airport to Hollywood. (The deadline for applying for the travel award is April 23, 2008.)
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer.
- The Pro Tour—Hollywood Qualifiers will also feature a special Amateur prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be awarded to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any other prizes those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule . The highest-finishing amateur players will receive additional booster packs as follows.
Amateur Award Prize Schedule
Finish Prize 1st 12 packs 2nd 8 packs 3rd – 4th 4 packs each 5th – 8th 2 packs each
A player is considered to have amateur status as long as he or she has never participated in a Pro Tour tournament. Even if a player has been awarded pro points from a Grand Prix, as long as that player has not been to a Pro Tour, he or she is still considered to be an amateur.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer listed below.
Last Updated: 2008-03-21
Important Note: The Osaka tournament location has changed.
|Date||Location||Venue||Registration||Tournament Organizer||Venue Website|
|2008-03-16||Hokkaido, Sapporo-shi||Chieria||9:30-10:00||Mitsunori Makino (makino @ icacup.com)||Website|
|2008-03-30||Miyagi-ken, Sendai-shi||Tsutsuji-ga-oka Shi-min Center||9:00-10:00||Yuu Saitou (saitomu @ hotmail.com)||Website|
|2008-03-30||Niigata-ken, Niigata-shi||Unison Plaza||9:20-10:00||Kazuhiro Wakatsuki（kamoya @ io.ocn.ne.jp）||Website|
|2008-02-17||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:20||Takeshi Miyasaka (miyaken @ lom.jp)||Website|
|2008-03-20||Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||Itabashi Green Hall||9:30-10:20||Naoaki Umesaki（ume-nao @ myad.jp）||Website|
|2008-03-16||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Kanagawa Koukaidou||9:30-10:30||Tomoya Nakajima (mtg.japan @ gmail.com)||Website|
|2008-03-20||Nagano-ken, Matsumoto-shi||Matsumoto-shi Eki-mae Kaikan||10:00-10:30||Jun Yanagisawa（jylnet @ beige.ocn.ne.jp）||Website|
|2008-03-02||Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||Nagoya Kouwan Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Yuu Kanazawa (dianna @ mvb.biglobe.ne.jp)|
|2008-03-30||Ishikawa-ken, Kanazawa-shi||IT Business Plaza Musashi||10:00-11:00||Kaoru Yonemura（firstname.lastname@example.org）||Website|
|2008-03-30||Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||Yodogawa Ku-min Center||10:00-10:30||Satoshi Miyamoto (events @ nekoyan.net)||Website|
|2008-03-30||Hiroshima-ken, Fukuyama-shi||Fukuyama Shi-min Sankaku Center||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana (tachio @ dream-egg.com)||Website|
|2008-03-20||Kagawa-ken, Marugame-shi||Marugame Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-9:50||Masayuki Kunimitsu (gga01172 @ nifty.com)||Website|
|2008-03-30||Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||Jounan Shi-min Center||9:50-10:20||Makoto Oobayashi (kyushumtg @ gmail.com)||Website|
|2008-03-09||GP Shizuoka side event||Twin Messe||The DCI (dcijapan @ wizards.com)|