Magic Premier Play has expanded in both the number of events offered each year and in participation. Among those expansions are our Grand Prix, in which not only are there more Grand Prix than ever before, but also more players who are receiving prizes since the amount of players awarded increase with additional attendance.
One element that has struggled to maintain the level of quality we expect to offer our players with this expansion of Premier Play offerings, however, is our prize fulfillment system. With the increase in Grand Prix, as well as the increase in the amount of players winning prizes, our current system is not able to offer the expedient service that we want to provide our players. That is why we are excited to announce that we are partnering with i-Payout to provide you with a new prize system starting with Grand Prix Charlotte! (June 12-14, 2015)
What is i-Payout?
i-Payout is a world leader in global payment solutions. The company was founded in 2007 with unique vision of providing a comprehensive versatile environment for multi-national companies and their members. As a United States based company, with international presence, i-Payout has earned a long-standing reputation as a trusted and respected partner which prides itself in consistent service and payment flexibility.
As Wizards official prize service, i-Payout offers a number of benefits to you as a player:
- Prizes will be processed much faster and may result in payment in as little as two weeks from an event.
- Players will be able to choose among available payment methods (e.g., PayPal, check, or a wire transfer) that best fit their needs; payment methods are based upon availability within a specific country.
- Tax documentation which is regularly filled out at a Magic event will instead be filled out through i-Payout’s secure online web portal.
- You will now be able to print out tax forms online, rather than waiting to receive them in the mail.
- i-Payout offers you online and mobile tools to manage your payment methods and account.
- i-Payout provides 24 hour customer service.
- i-Payout is a global solution for all players!
What do I need to do?
Players need to have a working Wizards Account with their Preferred DCI number to receive payments through i-Payout.
It is important that all of your contact information, especially your email address, in your Wizards Account is up-to-date. If your Wizards Account information is inaccurate, it may result in unnecessary delays in receiving prizes. From Grand Prix Charlotte forward, when you win a prize at a Magic Premier Event, i-Payout will contact you through your preferred email and prompt you to create an i-Payout account (or notify you of your prize if you have already created an i-Payout account). Once you complete the account registration, you will be able to redeem your prize and access its payment services.
We're always striving to improve the player's experience at Magic events, and are confident that this new system will assist in delivering the experience we aim to achieve at each and every event.
To learn more about i-Payout, please visit their website at: https://www.i-payout.com/.