Fall is nearly here, and that means it's time for our next Arena Open! This two-day event features competitions in Historic, beginning on Saturday, September 11, and continuing Sunday, September 12.
Here's your chance to show off the skills and the decks you've been refining since Arena Open's last Historic event back in October 2020. But a lot can happen in a year! Since then, Historic has seen some changes, including the addition of more cards with Historic Anthology 5, Jumpstart: Historic Horizons, and several new sets (and don't forget the Mystical Archive), as well as some banned and suspended cards in the format.
So, this Historic Arena Open promises some new strategies over the last!
But before we get into the details:
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Regional eligibility restrictions apply, void where prohibited.
- Receiving monetary rewards requires having or creating Wizards, DCI, and i-Payout accounts. (i-Payout accounts cannot be created in advance.)
- Refer to the official Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Arena Open kicks off on Saturday, September 11, with Best-of-One and Best-of-Three matches in the Historic format. Everyone who participates will receive the Svyelun of Sea and Sky card sleeve!
Play Best-of-One matches: Seven wins earn you a qualification token for entry to the Day 2 competition.
Play Best-of-Three matches: Four wins earn you a qualification token for the Day 2 competition.
You may enter Day 1 events as many times as you'd like, but note that multiple Day 2 qualification tokens only count as one entry to Day 2.
- Format: Historic (Best-of-One) and Traditional Historic (Best-of-Three)
- Entry fee: 20,000 gold or 4,000 gems (both Best-of-One and Best-of-Three)
- Event start: September 11 at 6 a.m. PT
- Signup end: September 12 at 3 a.m. PT. You'll have a few hours to complete your current run, but you won't be able to join after this deadline.
- Event end: September 12 at 6 a.m. PT
- Entry reward: Svyelun of Sea and Sky card sleeve
|DAY 1: BEST-OF-ONE HISTORIC|
|Match Record: 7 wins or 3 Losses|
|7 Wins||2,000 gems
Day 2 qualification token
|6 Wins||1,600 gems|
|5 Wins||1,200 gems|
|4 Wins||800 gems|
|3 Wins||400 gems|
|0–2 Wins||No reward|
|DAY 1: BEST-OF-THREE TRADITIONAL HISTORIC|
|Match Record: 4 wins or 1 loss|
|4 Wins||5,000 gems
Day 2 qualification token
|3 Wins||5,000 gems|
|2 Wins||2,500 gems|
|1 Win||1,000 gems|
|0 Wins||No reward|
The stakes are raised for Day 2, with increased prizes and stiffer competition. The Day 2 format is Traditional Historic with Best-of-Three matches using sideboards and individual timers. Submit any legal Traditional Historic deck—you may even switch to a different deck from one used on Day 1.
You may only enter once on Day 2, even if you have qualified multiple times.
- Format: Traditional Historic (Best-of-Three)
- Entry fee: Day 2 qualification token (earned on Day 1)
- Entry window: September 12, 6–8 a.m. PT. You must join during the 2-hour entry window. Late entries cannot be accommodated.
- Signup end: September 12 at 8 a.m. PT.
- Event end: No new matches after September 12 at 5 p.m. PT. All matches must complete by 6 p.m. PT to count.
|BEST-OF-THREE TRADITIONAL HISTORIC|
|Match Record: 7 wins or 2 Losses|
Qualifier Weekend invitation
|5 Wins||20,000 gems|
|4 Wins||10,000 gems|
|3 Wins||6,000 gems|
|2 Wins||4,000 gems|
|1 Win||2,000 gems|
|0 Wins||No reward|
How many players can earn monetary rewards on Day 2?
As many as qualify! All players on Day 2 who earn six or seven wins are eligible to receive the monetary rewards.
Can I qualify for Day 2 multiple times?
No, qualifying multiple times will not grant you additional tokens for Day 2 participation. Players qualify for Day 2 by earning enough wins in Day 1 Best-of-One or Best-of-Three events.
What should I do if I encounter an issue during Arena Open?
Contact Customer Service if you need assistance during Arena Open. We are unable to provide support for in-game issues over social media (other than telling you to submit a ticket).
Please ensure you select "Qualifier Weekend/Arena Open Issues" as the reason you are contacting our support team.
I reached six/seven wins on Day 2 and earned a monetary reward
If you receive a monetary reward, we will contact you at the email address listed in your Wizards account to ask for your DCI Account and to provide instructions for activating your eWallet account with our partner i-Payout. If you already have an i-Payout account, we'll notify you of your prize.
Please check your email regularly after the Arena Open to ensure that you respond to our inquiry in a timely manner.
If you win a monetary reward and do not receive a reward email within 72 hours of completion of the Arena Open, please contact Customer Service.