The Magic community is coming together for our annual Magic Extra Life live stream charity event benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital.
Wizards has been a proud partner of Extra Life since 2015. This year, we're continuing to raise the bar with a goal of $1,300,000 #ForTheKids. To reach our goal, we need your help!
Content creators who would like to help fundraise for the Magic Extra Life 2020 campaign have two options. The first is to join the Magic: The Gathering Extra Life Team as an individual fundraiser. The second is to create your own sub-team of up to six content creators under the Wizards of the Coast Extra Life Super Team. All the funds you or your sub-team raises will count toward the 2020 goal no matter which team you're a part of!
From now until November 7, 2020, each team will also be competing for this year's exclusive MTG Arena premium card style for Collected Company.
The top eight teams that raise the most donations during this period will receive the following number of codes distributed evenly among all team members to give out to their community as they see fit.
Codes will be redeemable from November 8, 2020 until January 1, 2021.
The Magic Extra Life live stream will begin at 6 p.m. PT on November 7. Join us on twitch.tv/Magic for a night of MTG Arena stipulation drafts, a Q&A with Mark Rosewater, mini MTG Arena Ironroot Chef, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a team page and join the Magic Extra Life Super Team?
Here are the steps you need to take to join our team!
- Go to extra-life.org/Wizards
- Click "Create a Sub Team."
- If you have an Extra Life account already, click "Login to your account," otherwise:
- Enter your name and basic info and click "Next."
- Choose to sign up as a Classic participant.
- Click "Create a Team."
- Keep your team type as "Extra Life Community Partner" and confirm that at the bottom of the page you are affiliated with the Magic team.
- Set your team name and a fundraising goal. Click "Next."
- Setup your personal page and choose your personal fundraising goal.
- You may make an initial donation.
- Wizards of the Coast is supporting the Seattle Children's Hospital, but please pick the hospital of your choice.
- Enter in the rest of your information and click "I Agree to the Terms."
- Click through and confirm your information on the last page and click "Complete Registration."
What are we fundraising for?
Extra Life benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital. These funds go to children and families in crisis, helping those who need it the most.
If I am a top eight fundraiser, how will I receive the codes?
The Extra Life team will email you the codes within one week after the end of the creator campaign, which is 11:59 p.m. PT on November 7, 2020. In turn, you can reward your community with the codes!
How should I promote my team?
There are tons of fun ways to promote your team and your fundraising efforts! Make sure to bring it up consistently in your content and to update your overlay. Post about your campaign on social media! You can run other giveaways alongside our fundraising or rewards for your community if you hit certain goals, like specialty streams.
The options for fundraising are limitless! We're eager to see what you do.
Is there an Extra Life plugin on Twitch?
There is! The Extra Life Twitch extension allows you to have a panel that your viewers click on to donate. Donations go directly to your fundraising total, and viewers never have to leave your stream. The extension can also track your progress toward your fundraising goal and call out top donors.
Once you have your Extra Life account, here are the steps to get the Twitch Extension set up:
- Log in to your Twitch Account.
- Go to your Creator Dashboard and go to the Extensions Tab.
- Search for Extra Life.
- Click to install the Extra Life extension.
- Once it has installed, click "Configure."
- Enter your Participant ID.
- Find your ID at extralife.wizards.com (or click the "Find my ID" link).
- Go to your profile. If need be, use the search bar in the top right.
- Your participant ID is at the end of the URL on your profile page.
- Click "Save."
- Close out of the config box.
When you're ready to activate it, go back to "My Extensions" in your Creator Dashboard. Click "Activate" on the Extra Life extension and choose which panel you want the extension activated in.