- Portland Expo Center
Portland, Oregon, USA
August 1-3, 2014
The Pro Tour visits Portland for the first time in the history of Magic: The Gathering. Pro Tour Magic 2015 features the conclusion of the 2013-14 Pro Season and the debut of the new Magic 2015 Core Set on the premier-play stage. The top players from around the world will be in Portland to battle for fame, glory, and $250,000 in cash prizes in the Standard Constructed and Magic 2015 Booster Draft formats. There's not only prize money on the line—invitations to the World Championship and the national champion slot for countries participating in the World Magic Cup will also be determined by the end-of-season standings, making this one of the most dramatic events of the year.
The Pro Tour is open to the public, so come by to see the best players in the world up close and personal, meet members of Wizards Ramp;D, and much more! If you can't make it to Portland, tune in for the three-day live webcast starting Friday morning for complete access to the Pro Tour: live match coverage, deck techs, behind-the-scenes interviews with Ramp;D members, and much more!
The Sunday schedule will now show every Top 8 match in its entirety! You'll see every draw step, every play, and every key decision on the live video stream as these players battle for the title of Pro Tour champion, the $40,000 first prize, an invitation to the 2014 World Championship, and automatic advancement to the Platinum level in the Pro Players Club.
- Pro Tour Magic 2015 Qualifier Season Information
- Where to buy Magic: The Gathering in Portland
- How to Earn a Pro Tour Invitation
- Viewer Information
The live video webcast for Pro Tour Magic 2015 begins Friday morning and runs all three days. The live video stream can be found at wizards.com/webcast and twitch.tv/magic, with a full replay of each day starting approximately one hour after the end of the day. Check out the schedule below to find the start time in your area (start times approximate):
|Portland||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||10 a.m.|
|Los Angeles||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||10 a.m.|
|Chicago||11 a.m.||11 a.m.||Noon|
|New York||Noon||Noon||1 p.m.|
|London||5 p.m.||5 p.m.||6 p.m.|
|Paris||6 p.m.||6 p.m.||7 p.m.|
|Berlin||6 p.m.||6 p.m.||7 p.m.|
|Moscow||8 p.m.||8 p.m.||9 p.m.|
|Tokyo||1 a.m. Saturday||1 a.m. Sunday||2 a.m. Monday|
|Sydney||2 a.m. Saturday||2 a.m. Sunday||3 a.m. Monday|
|Find other corresponding start times around the world here.|
More Event Coverage
In addition to the live video stream, text coverage will be available at DailyMTG.com starting Friday morning, live chat sessions with players, Ramp;D staff, and coverage reporters will take place at various times during the three days on CoverItLive, and video content will be posted to YouTube on the wizardsmtg channel.
The official Twitter hashtag for Pro Tour Magic 2015 is #ptm15.
Attending Pro Tour Magic 2015 as a Spectator
Information coming soon.amp;D Session: Aaron Forsythe and Tom LaPille answer your questions and talk about what awaits in the Magic Multiverse. To be held Sunday between the last quarterfinal match and the first semifinal match.
The Pro Tour Social Network
We know you’re a fan of Magic: The Gathering; now you can make it official! Check out Magic on Facebook: become a fan, find out about new updates to Magic and the Pro Tour, view exclusive photos, share your story with the community, and more!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to set up a media credential for Pro Tour Magic2015. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted according to this schedule:
- Video coverage: By July 4 (4 weeks prior to the event)
- Non-video coverage: By July 18 (two weeks prior to the event)
Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
Media check-in information will be announced closer to the event.
- Player Information
|Winner is awarded Platinum status in the Pro Players Club for the entirety of the 2014-15 Pro Season and an invitation to the 2014 World Championship. |
Top 25 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour "Huey" in Honolulu. All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Pro Tour Magic 2015 is a three-day invitation-only Standard Constructed and Magic 2015 Booster Draft format event with a Standard Constructed Top 8.
To be announced
The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Infraction amp; Penalty Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
- Standard Constructed and Magic 2015 Booster Draft
- 3 Magic 2015 booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check Magic Tournament Rules for Modern and Booster Draft format rules.
Rates: Single: 62€ (10% VAT included); Double: 64€ (10% VAT included).
Minimum five-day stay, from Wednesday, February 19 to Monday, February 24
Booking code: PTBNG14
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 55 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament.
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition.
- Players with 12 or more match points after round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition.
- The Top 8 players after round 16 will advance to Sunday’s single-elimination playoff rounds.
- Playoff rounds will be Standard Constructed format
- Playoff quarterfinal and semifinal matches will be best 2 of 3. The finals match will be best 3 of 5.
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds.
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes (for quarterfinal and semifinal matches) and 90 minutes (for the finals match).
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 8 playoff
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens.
To be announced