Let Randy Buehler be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus Randy's multiple daily updates during Pro Tours, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
JANUARY BONUS EPISODE
- It's time to move into the present -- an alternate reality present, that is. Magic creative director Brady Dommermuth talks about the new set and how the nostalgia of Time Spiral morphed into the twisted present of Planar Chaos He also shows a few pieces of art that provide clues to as-yet-unrevealed cards that the most astute Magic fans may be able to riddle out. If you don't have iTunes, you can see the images by clicking here.
- So what is up with the color pie? Longtime R&D member Bill Rose and relative newcomer Devin Low discuss how design and development attacked the color shifting in Planar Chaos, including a color mechanic argument Bill's been having since his Alpha playtesting days. Want a preview card? Watch the podcast in iTunes to see one of the most controverisal cards in the set.
- This Month in Magic is all about Planar Chaos. The prerelease events are January 20-21, and the release tournaments run Feb. 2-4 when the set goes on sale.
- Download it now! (29 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --