Let Jake Theis be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus multiple daily updates during Pro Tours, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
- Tenth Edition has arrived, a bouncy baby that Magic Art Director Jeremy Jarvis is quite proud of. Listen in as he walks you through the decision-making process on what cards received new art, the place of iconic images in the core set, and visual comparisons of old and new versions of some of your favorite cards.
- Were you one of the thousands of players who participated in Magic Game Day? Brian David-Marshall was, and he shares some of his experiences from the big day at Neutral Ground in New York City, where the event turned into a three-day Magic marathon featuring some of the city's legendary players and cake for all! Brian also delves into the upcoming Pro Tour Hall of Fame ballot and the loaded Year Three class, an exciting addition to the 2007 Worlds formats, and some early returns from the summer's first National Championships.
- July's loaded with big events. Magic Game Day kicked off the Summer of Magic, a nine-week run of Limited events at stores around the world. If Block Constructed's your gig, check out a Pro Tour Qualifier and win a trip to Valencia. The National Championship season kicks into high gear, with Australia and Italy crowning champions this weekend and the United States and Great Britain getting into the swing of things July 26-29 at Magic Weekend and M-Fest, respectively. Magic Weekend also hosts the Magic Scholarship Series Open and Championship for players 18 and younger. That same weekend, the Amateur Championships take place at San Diego Comic Con. Speaking of conventions, Gen Con 2007 hosts the Legacy Championship (August 17) and the Vintage Championship (August 18). If you can't find a place to play Magic this month, you're just not trying.
- Download it now! (38 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --