Let Jake Theis be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
To fully experience the podcast, we recommend that you use iTunes (at absolutely no cost to you). Our enhanced iTunes podcast features exclusive images that you won't want to miss. Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus multiple daily updates during Pro Tours and Grand Prix, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
- Magic Art Director Jeremy Jarvis returns to the booth to discuss the stunning new visual concepts of Future Sight. From breaking in a huge number of artists to developing the timeshifted card frames to capturing the feeling of "recovery" for a world ripped through the time stream, Jeremy covers all the bases with the help of many exclusive concept and finished art pieces, available only in the iTunes enhanced podcast.
- To get the true behind-the-scenes stories, who better to turn to than the R&D leads for Future Sight? Head designer Mark Rosewater and lead developer Mike Turian take turns behind the microphone revealing fascinating tales of Future Sight from inside the R&D pit. As an added bonus, they unveil a special preview card that showcases the types of long-standing card concepts that Future Sight relentlessly challenges.
- April is all about the Future Sight Worldwide Prerelease Events. Find a location near you and head there April 21-22 to see the entire set in action. That same weekend the pros gather in Japan for Pro Tour-Yokohama, a Block Constructed event. If that's not enough for you, the Two-Headed Giant qualifier season for Pro Tour-San Diego is in full swing.
- Download it now! (36 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --