Let Randy Buehler be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus multiple daily updates during Pro Tours, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
- They've been on the job for three weeks -- find out how Great Designer Search winners Alexis Janson, Kenneth Nagle, and Graeme Hopkins have adjusted to the "grueling" world of playtesting, set reviews, mandatory employee prerelease tournaments and everything else that goes into the life of a new game designer.
- Continuing the "new job experience" theme, Jake Theis joins the booth to talk about his six-month swap from Brand into R&D. What does it feel like to get your first card made? Why is there so much food in R&D? And who took my chair? All these questions, and much more, are answered. If you want to get in on the fun, check out Wizards' new digital initiative and the many new jobs being posted each week.
- With Planar Chaos hitting the stores this weekend, it's time to get the tournament scene into full swing. This Month in Magic features Pro Tour-Geneva, the first stop in the 2007 season. Adding the new set to the Booster Draft format isn't the only new wrinkle -- tune in February 9-11 to see event coverage expanded to include more video updates, along with the same audio and written coverage you've come to expect.
- Download it now! (23 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --