Official Rules - Wizards of the Coast Theros: Beyond Death Contest
By entering the Wizards of the Coast LLC (“Wizards”) Theros: Beyond Death Contest (the “Contest”) you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. No purchase necessary; eligibility requirements. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards. The Contest is open to fans aged eighteen (18) and over. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Void where prohibited by law. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. How to enter: To enter this Contest, send your video to Wizards via email to MagicCommunityTeam@wizards.com. Include your name, email address, postal address, and daytime and evening telephone numbers. Limit one entry per person. If Wizards receives more than one entry from you, the entry received first is the only entry that will be eligible for consideration.
Submissions: Videos must be fifteen seconds in length or less. The file type submitted for judging must be mp4 or MOV.
All entries must be received by Wizards no later than 11:59 p.m. PDT January 23, 2020.
3. Judging: A committee determined by Wizards serving as judges of the Contest will review all eligible entries and will select ten winning videos, based on creativity and effective tie-in to Theros: Beyond Death. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the contact information provided, within three (3) days, after two (2) attempts have been made, the winners will be disqualified, and the prize may be rescinded or awarded to another party at Wizards’ sole discretion.
All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the judges’ decisions and waive any right to appeal.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:
The first, second, third, and fourth place winners will receive custom Ashiok statues with an approximate retail value of $400.00 USD. They will also receive a full foil set of Theros: Beyond Death, a sealed booster box of Theros: Beyond Death, ten Theros: Beyond Death Collector Boosters and ten Theros: Beyond Death pack codes for MTG Arena.
The fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth place winners will receive one full foil set of Theros: Beyonod Death, a sealed booster box of Theros: Beyond Death, five Theros: Beyond Death Collector Boosters and five Theros: Beyond Death pack codes in MTG Arena.
The top ten videos will be featured on the Magic: The Gathering official Instagram stories.
Prizes are not transferable. Wizards, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize for another product of equal value to the prize identified herein, or provide the cash equivalent. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize not explicitly stated herein. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner’s disqualification.
5. Conditions: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that they are the sole author of their entry, that they own the copyright in and to their entry, and that the entry does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade dress rights, or rights of privacy or publicity).
By entering this Contest, entrant hereby grants Wizards a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publish and distribute entries submitted without payment of any compensation or consideration to any entrant or any other person or entity (except the prizes awarded to the winners pursuant to these Official Rules). By entering this Contest, entrants agree that Wizards may post their entries online and has the right to use the entries, including, without limitation, by making it available for download, along with entrant’s name on Wizards’ website and in any and all publicity and advertising or other promotions by Wizards without notification or compensation to entrants. Wizards will provide attribution to entrant when appropriate as determined by Wizards in its sole discretion.
By entering this Contest, entrant expressly and forever waives any and all claims that entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the entry.
Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest at any time. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By participating, you and each individual appearing in your clip expressly grant Wizards a perpetual irrevocable right to use, display, and otherwise associate their names, locations, likeness, voices and images with the video, as well as for advertising and promotional purposes for Wizards games and promotions without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules.
This Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington, and you agree to accept jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington.
Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if they attempt to (a) enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
6. Winners List: Winners will be announced on the Wizards website and social media channels on or around February 10, 2020.
7. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by and © 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC, 1600 Lind Ave. SW, Suite 400, Renton, WA 98057.