Mythic Championship II
Three days, $500,000 in prize money, and a whole lot of Modern and War of the Spark Booster Draft are what you'll get from Mythic Championship II, part of MagicFest+ London!
Apr 26-28, 2019
Date: April 26-28, 2019
Format: Modern and War of the Spark Booster Draft
Official Hashtag: #MythicChampionshipII
Mythic Championship II will take place at:
One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock
London E16 1XL
There are multiple airports that serve the London Area:
- Heathrow Airport
- London City Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- Stansted Airport
- Luton Airport
- Southend Airport
The formats for this Mythic Championship are War of the Spark Booster Draft and Modern Constructed.
Three packs of War of the Spark will be used for the Booster Draft portions of the event.
Live Streaming Video
Follow live streaming video coverage of Mythic Championship II on twitch.tv/magic! Coverage begins all three days at 2 a.m. PT/5 a.m. ET/9 a.m. UTC.
- Thursday (Registration): Hall opens at 4 p.m. and closes at 8 p.m.
- Friday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of Round 8 of the Mythic Championship
- Saturday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the live Top 8 announcement
- Sunday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the Mythic Championship awards ceremony
Decklists are required. Decklists must be submitted using the Online Decklist Submission tool that is provided to players via email no later than Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. London-local time.
Registration takes place on Thursday, April 25 from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. at the venue.
If you are unable to attend the official player registration that day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we know that you will be attending and can plan accordingly.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Mythic Championship II. Forms are available onsite or can be obtained by contacting email@example.com. Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver's license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
Mythic Championship II is taking place at MagicFest+ London. For information on vendors hosting at this event, please refer to the MagicFest+ London event information page.
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Modern
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Modern
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 50 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition
- Players with 12 or more match points after Round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition
- The Top 8 players after Round 16 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff rounds
The Top 8 will use a traditional single-elimination bracket.
- Playoff rounds will be Modern Constructed format
- All playoff matches will be best 3 out of 5
- The first two games played in a 3 out of 5 playoff match on Sunday are pre-sideboard games. After Game 2 is completed, players may exchange cards from their deck for cards in their sideboard
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes (for quarterfinal and semifinal matches) and 90 minutes (for the finals match)
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- 11:59 p.m. London local time: Decklists due via the Online Decklist Submission Tool
- 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Player registration at event site
- 8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Mandatory player meeting begins
- 9:10 a.m.: Day One play begins
- 8:55 a.m.: Day Two pairings posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Day Two play begins
- 8:15 a.m.: Top 8 players check in at the Top 8 playoff area
- 9:00 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Modern deck for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 8 playoff
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and professional tournament rules
Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens.
Not qualified for this event? Are you traveling with a competitor, or do you live near the venue? Then come on by, because you're more than welcome to witness the action in person, and a whole host of offerings are available for players and fans alike as part of MagicFest+ London!
If you wish to set up a media credential for this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event. Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
The prize pool for Mythic Championship II is $500,000 in total.
All prizes displayed in U.S. dollars. Prizes subject to change.
*Assumes 500 players
Please note that, per the Wizards esports announcement, that the last event which awards Pro Points is Grand Prix Seattle (June 23-24).
Top 8 players receive Pro Points based on rank. All other players receive Pro Points based on their match point total at the end of the event.
|Match Points||Pro Points|
How Can I Play in a Mythic Championship?
Earn an invitation by:
- Being a top finisher at a Regional Pro Tour Qualifier
- Winning a Magic Online Championship Series event
- Being a top finisher of a Grand Prix
- Having the appropriate Pro Players Club status
- Finishing with 33 match points or greater at the previously held Pro Tour
- Being a member of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame