Mythic Championship VI
Three days, $500,000 in prize money, and a whole lot of Standard and Throne of Eldraine Booster Draft are what you'll get from Mythic Championship VI, part of MagicFest+ Richmond!
Nov 8-10, 2019
Greater Richmond Convention Center
Date: November 8-10, 2019
Format: Standard and Throne of Eldraine Booster Draft
Official Hashtag: #MythicChampionshipVI
Mythic Championship VI will take place at:
Greater Richmond Convention Center
403 N 3rd Street
Richmond, VA 23219
The formats for this Mythic Championship are Standard Constructed and Throne of Eldraine Booster Draft.
Three packs of Throne of Eldraine will be used for the Booster Draft portions of the event.
Decklists are required.
The closest airport to this Mythic Championship is Richmond International Airport.
Live Streaming Video
Follow live streaming video coverage of Mythic Championship VI on twitch.tv/magic! Coverage begins all three days at 9 a.m. local time (ET)/6 a.m. PT/2 p.m. UTC.
- Thursday (Registration): Hall opens at 4 p.m. and closes at 8 p.m.
- Friday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of Round 8 of the Mythic Championship
- Saturday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the live Top 8 announcement
- Sunday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the Mythic Championship awards ceremony
Decklists must be submitted using the Online Decklist Submission tool that is provided to players via email no later than Wednesday, November 6 at 11:59 p.m. local time (ET).
Registration takes place on Thursday, November 7 from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. at the venue.
If you are unable to attend the official player registration that day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we know that you will be attending and can plan accordingly.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Mythic Championship VI. Forms are available onsite or can be obtained by contacting email@example.com. Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver's license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
Mythic Championship VI is taking place at MagicFest+ Richmond. For information on vendors hosting at this event, please refer to the MagicFest+ Richmond event information page.
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 50 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition
- Players with 12 or more match points after Round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition
- The Top 8 players after Round 16 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff rounds
The Top 8 will use a traditional single-elimination bracket.
- Playoff rounds will be Standard Constructed format
- All playoff matches will be best 3 out of 5
- The first two games played in a 3 out of 5 playoff-match on Sunday are pre-sideboard games. After Game 2 is completed, players may exchange cards from their deck for cards in their sideboard
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes (for quarterfinal and semifinal matches) and 90 minutes (for the finals match)
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- 11:59 p.m. Richmond local time: Decklists due via the Online Decklist Submission Tool
- 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Player registration at event site
- 8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Mandatory player meeting begins
- 9:10 a.m.: Day One play begins
- 8:55 a.m.: Day Two pairings posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Day Two play begins
- 8:15 a.m.: Top 8 players check in at the Top 8 playoff area
- 9:00 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 8 playoff
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and professional tournament rules
Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens.
Not qualified for this event? Are you traveling with a competitor, or do you live near the venue? Then come on by, because you're more than welcome to witness the action in person, and a whole host of offerings are available for players and fans alike as part of MagicFest+ Richmond!
If you wish to set up a media credential for this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event. Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
The prize pool for Mythic Championship VI is $500,000 in total.
All prizes displayed in U.S. dollars. Prizes subject to change.
*Assumes 510 players
How Can I Play In A Mythic Championship?
Earn and invitation by:
- Being a top finisher at a Mythic Championship Qualifier
- Winning a Magic Online Championship Series event
- Being a top finisher at a Grand Prix
- Having the appropriate Pro Players Club status
- Finishing with 33 match points or greater at the previously held Mythic Championship