Pro Tour 25th Anniversary
Pro Tour 25th Anniversary is part of Magic 25 Weekend, with three days of Team Trios Constructed--showcasing Standard, Modern, and Legacy--as well as an $850,000 prize pool!
Date: August 3-5, 2018
Format: Team Trios Constructed
Official Hashtag: #PT25A
Pro Tour 25th Anniversary is part of Magic 25 Weekend, featuring three days of Team Trios Constructed--showcasing Standard, Modern, and Legacy--as well as an $850,000 prize pool!
Pro Tour 25th Anniversary will take place at:
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 2nd Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55403
The format for this Pro Tour is Team Trios Constructed, where each team of three brings one Standard, Modern, and Legacy deck to compete. One player on each team of three is assigned to one deck for the entirety of the tournament.
Decklists are required.
The closest airport to this Pro Tour is Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport.
LIVE STREAMING VIDEO
Follow live streaming video coverage of Pro Tour 25th Anniversary on twitch.tv/magic! Coverage begins all three days at 9 a.m. local time (CT)/7 a.m. PT/10 a.m. ET/2 p.m. UTC.
Players who qualify to compete in Pro Tour 25th Anniversary must compete as a team of three for this event. Players can qualify via two methods:
- As a team: players who qualify this way are committed to playing with a team of three, and are already displayed on the Team Invitation list*
- As an individual: players who qualify for this Pro Tour and are not committed to playing with a specific team of three, and may form a team of three with anyone on the Individuals Invitation List
*Players who qualified as a team but are part of a Team Series roster and choose to play with other members of their team roster instead of the the team they qualified with for this Pro Tour. If a player chooses to do this, they must notify email@example.com by Friday, June 8, 2018 with the Team Series team members they intend to form a team of three with. Should a player who qualified as a team do this, the other players that they qualified as a team with will be moved to the Individuals Invitation List.
Players who did not qualify as a team must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org their team of three players that they will be forming a team with no later than July 5, 2018 (no exceptions). Players on a submitted team must be included on the email and must confirm via email that they agree to play as a team.
Means of qualifying as a team and as an individual are detailed in the Team Invitation List and Individual Invitation list, as well as in the Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
- Thursday (Registration): Hall opens at 3 p.m. and closes at 6 p.m.
- Friday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of Round 7 of the Pro Tour
- Saturday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the live Top 4 announcement
- Sunday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the Pro Tour awards ceremony
Registration takes place on Thursday, August 2 from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Pro Tour venue. While all players on a team of three must check in on-site, all team members do not need to check in at the same time.
If you are unable to attend the official player registration that day, please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that we know that you will be attending and can plan accordingly.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Pro Tour 25th Anniversary. Forms are available onsite or can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver's license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
For Dreamers Vault: Please email email@example.com with the subject line "Cards for PT25" by Wednesday, August 1 to guarantee your order can be delivered to the Pro Tour venue on Thursday.
For Power Nine: Please email PowerNine.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Cards for PT25" by Tuesday, July 31 to guarantee your order can be delivered to the Pro Tour venue on Thursday.
- Day One will consist of 7 rounds of Team Trios Constructed
- Day Two will consist of 7 rounds of Team Trios Constructed
- 14 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament
- All players may participate in all 14 Swiss rounds of Friday and Saturday's competiton
- The Top 4 teams after Round 14 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff rounds
The Top 4 will use a traditional single-elimination bracket.
- Playoff rounds will be Team Trios Constructed
- All team playoff matches will be best 2 out of 3; individual matches are best 3 out of 5
- The first two games played in a 3 out of 5 individual playoff match on Sunday are pre-sideboard games. After Game 2 is completed, players may exchange cards from their deck for cards in their sideboard
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the semifinal playoff rounds
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the team that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- 11:59 p.m. Minneapolis local time: Decklists due via the Online Decklist Submission Tool
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Player registration at event site
- 8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Day One play begins
- 8:55 a.m.: Day Two pairings posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Day Two play begins
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard, Modern, and Legacy decks for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 4 playoff
- Players must use the same deck for the entirety of the tournament
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and professional tournament rules
Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens.
Not qualified for this Pro Tour? Are you traveling with a competitor, or do you live near the Pro Tour venue? Then come on by, because you're more than welcome to witness the action in person!
The Pro Tour tournament area is set up to accommodate spectating of every match in progress during each round, so if you're looking to see how your favorite pro or your friend is doing, you'll be able to do so.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask our representatives at the entrance to the tournament hall. Just look for the friendly people in the blue Wizards shirts and they'll be happy to assist you.
In addition to that, the on-site vendor is offering some cool exclusives at this show for purchase. For more information on those exclusive items, check out the Organized Play column that runs regular articles on this website!
Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to set up a media credential for this Pro Tour. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted per this schedule:
Video coverage: By July 6
Non-video coverage: By July 20
Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.