Pro Tour Dominaria
Date: June 1-3, 2018
Format: Standard and Dominaria Booster Draft
Official Hashtag: #PTDOM
Pro Tour Dominaria will take place at:
Greater Richmond Convention Center
403 N 3rd St
Richmond, VA 23219
The formats for this Pro Tour are Dominaria Booster Draft and Standard Constructed.
Three packs of Dominaria will be used for the Booster Draft portions of the event.
Decklists are required.
The closest airport to this Pro Tour is Richmond International Airport.
LIVE STREAMING VIDEO
Follow live streaming video coverage of Pro Tour Dominaria on twitch.tv/magic! Coverage begins all three days at 9 a.m. local time (ET)/6 a.m. PT/1 p.m. UTC.
- Thursday (Registration): Hall opens at 3 p.m. and closes at 6 p.m.
- Friday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of Round 8 of the Pro Tour
- Saturday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the live Top 8 announcement
- Sunday: Hall opens at 8 a.m. and closes at the end of the Pro Tour awards ceremony
Registration takes place on Thursday, May 31 from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Pro Tour venue.
If you are unable to attend the official player registration that day, please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that we know that you will be attending and can plan accordingly.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Pro Tour Dominaria. Forms are available onsite or can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minors must have a parent or guardian's signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver's license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 50 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition
- Players with 12 or more match points after Round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition
- The Top 8 players after Round 16 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff rounds
The Top 8 will use a traditional single-elimination bracket.
- Playoff rounds will be Standard Constructed format
- All playoff matches will be best 3 out of 5
- The first two games played in a 3 out of 5 playoff match on Sunday are pre-sideboard games. After Game 2 is completed, players may exchange cards from their deck for cards in their sideboard
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes (for quarterfinal and semifinal matches) and 90 minutes (for the finals match)
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- 11:59 p.m. Richmond local time: Decklists due via the Online Decklist Submission Tool
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Player registration at event site
- 8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Mandatory player meeting begins
- 9:10 a.m.: Day One play begins
- 8:55 a.m.: Day Two pairings posted
- 9:00 a.m.: Day Two play begins
- 8:15 a.m.: Top 8 players check in at the Top 8 playoff area
- 9:00 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 8 playoff
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and professional tournament rules
Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens
Not qualified for this Pro Tour? Are you traveling with a competitor, or do you live near the Pro Tour venue? Then come on by, because you're more than welcome to witness the action in person!
The Pro Tour tournament area is set up to accommodate spectating of every match in progress during each round, so if you're looking to see how your favorite pro or your friend is doing, you'll be able to do so.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask our representatives at the entrance to the tournament hall. Just look for the friendly people in the blue Wizards shirts and they'll be happy to assist you.
In addition to that, the on-site vendor is offering some cool exclusives at this show for purchase. For more information on those exclusive items, check out the Organized Play column that runs regular articles on this website!
Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to set up a media credential for this Pro Tour. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted per this schedule:
Video coverage: By May 4
Non-video coverage: By May 18
Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.