What Is the Magic Online Bug Blog?
The "Bug Blog" is a running list of updates, alongside a list of Magic Online known issues. Here you'll find a list of emergent new issues, details around issue statuses when applicable, known issue workarounds, a running tally of known issues updates, as well as the full Known Issues List. The Bug Blog posts to MTGO.com.
Want to find out when something was fixed? Check out the Fixed Known Issues Archive.
As a reminder, it is against our Code of Conduct and User agreement by:
Interfering with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Game, Game Service and/or Software (including cheating, collusion, or exploiting software defects to gain an unfair advantage over other players) or by attempting to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
- Bribing or offering compensation in order to change the game outcome; or
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game
If you believe a player is either violating our Code of Conduct or our User Agreement, then please file a report here.
REPORT A BUG
The Known Issues List below has been updated to reflect the "Change Log" section, so refer to that for the most up-to-date statuses on Magic Online known issues. If you want to see the history of fixed known issues, refer to the archive.
Newly Added Known Issues
- Players who lose before their multiplayer game has ended are unable to draw cards or reveal hands.
- There are issues with viewing cards in the preview window involving both borderless cards and using the zoom function.
- Bloodlord of Vaasgoth does not display the blue text it grants other vampires.
- Even if a changeling loses all abilities, it should gain blue text stating that it is still all creature types.
- Creatures that gain an ability that allows them to not be able to be blocked do not properly display this ability.
- The prompt of Mogis, God of Slaughter is unclear. You either select a creature, or press "OK" to be dealt 2 damage.
- When targeting face-down creatures you control and diving damage or counters among them, the creature's art is visually incorrect.
- There are issues with face-down planeswalkers.
- If Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis is your commander, an additional "Cast" option is displayed.
- The storm counter does not appear during multiplayer games.
- During sideboarding, the "Sort by Name" and "Sort by Set & Collector Number" options are not available.
Known Issues List
The following is a list of known issues on Magic Online. Our goal with the known issues list is to give players insight into what we're working on, as well as helping players avoid problematic bugs and performance issues.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of known issues; it simply contains the ones that we feel players are most likely to encounter. If you're curious behind the specific rationale of which issues are included, we talk a little bit more about it here.
REPORT A BUG
The Magic Online known issues list is divided up into several categories.
Client and Gameplay known issues are based around the client and broad mechanical interactions. Each known issue is also sorted by where you're likely to encounter it within the client; those categories are listed below. You can search the below table by keyword, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Categories: Collection, Deck Building, Duel Scene, General, Leagues, Play Lobby, and Trade.
Cardset known issues are based around specific cards or groups of cards that are not working as intended. Each known issue is also sorted by which format is likely to see the greatest impact from that bug. You can search the below table for specific formats, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Cardset Categories: Standard, Limited, Commander, Modern, Sealed, Draft, General, Legacy, Vintage, Pauper, and Flashback Draft.
Return to Top