What Is the Magic Online Bug Blog?
The "Bug Blog" is a running list of updates, alongside a list of Magic Online known issues. Here you'll find a list of emergent new issues, details around issue statuses when applicable, known issue workarounds, a running tally of known issues updates, as well as the full Known Issues List. The Bug Blog posts to MTGO.com.
Want to find out when something was fixed? Check out the Fixed Known Issues Archive.
As a reminder, it is against our Code of Conduct and User agreement by:
Interfering with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Game, Game Service and/or Software (including cheating, collusion, or exploiting software defects to gain an unfair advantage over other players) or by attempting to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
- Bribing or offering compensation in order to change the game outcome; or
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game
If you believe a player is either violating our Code of Conduct or our User Agreement, then please file a report here.
REPORT A BUG
The Known Issues List below has been updated to reflect the "Change Log" section, so refer to that for the most up-to-date statuses on Magic Online known issues. If you want to see the history of fixed known issues, refer to the archive.
Newly Added Known Issues
- If multiple copies of Pyxis of Pandemonium are on the battlefield, it is difficult to determine where cards are associated.
- The "Last Log-in" information for other players is unreliable.
- Decks chosen for specific constructed events are not always remembered when navigating back to that event.
- Avatars of offline players are not displayed in the "Players Joined" tab in scheduled tournaments.
- Promo versions of split cards are displayed when the quantity filter is set to 0.
- The token created by Sound the Call has incorrect art.
- Zur's Weirding fails to function when a player has an empty library.
- Explorer's Scope can cause the game to be reset.
- Players are prompted to choose the replacement effect of cards such as Clone during the resolution of Show and Tell.
- Split cards do not trigger Compost.
- Semblance Anvil does not function when a split card is imprinted.
- Split cards do not trigger Harness the Storm.
- If Grave Betrayal changes owners with its trigger on the stack, the new controller incorrectly becomes the owner of the trigger.
- Umbra Mystic interacts incorrectly with creatures enchanted with multiple auras.
- Null Profusion triggers if another player plays a card owned by its controller.
- Shifty Doppelganger does not function correctly.
- High Seas does not affect green creatures.
- Freyalise's Winds interacts incorrectly with cards being tapped outside of the untap step.
- Mindclaw Shaman does not interact correctly with split cards.
- Life and Limb does not interact correctly with Arcane Adaptation.
- Cards with clash do not function correctly if the result is a tie.
- Face down creatures are incorrectly treated as having the same name.
- Oriss, Samite Guardian functions incorrectly.
- Barren Glory does not function correctly as its trigger is resolving.
- Evershrike can incorrectly return multiple auras from the graveyard.
- Certain cards that grant protection do not function correctly.
- Pia's Revolution creates an incorrect prompt.
- Primitive Justice does not function correctly when targeting a single artifact.
- Descendants' Path incorrectly allows players to cast noncreature tribal spells.
- Riders of Gavony does not grant blue rules text indicating protection.
- Creatures entering the battlefield as a copy of Ulamog's Despoiler do not trigger its ability.
Known Issues List
The following is a list of known issues on Magic Online. Our goal with the known issues list is to give players insight into what we're working on, as well as helping players avoid problematic bugs and performance issues.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of known issues; it simply contains the ones that we feel players are most likely to encounter. If you're curious behind the specific rationale of which issues are included, we talk a little bit more about it here.
REPORT A BUG
The Magic Online known issues list is divided up into several categories.
Client and Gameplay known issues are based around the client and broad mechanical interactions. Each known issue is also sorted by where you're likely to encounter it within the client; those categories are listed below. You can search the below table by keyword, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Categories: Collection, Deck Building, Duel Scene, General, Leagues, Play Lobby, and Trade.
Cardset known issues are based around specific cards or groups of cards that are not working as intended. Each known issue is also sorted by which format is likely to see the greatest impact from that bug. You can search the below table for specific formats, or click each header to sort alphabetically.
Cardset Categories: Standard, Limited, Commander, Modern, Sealed, Draft, General, Legacy, Vintage, Pauper, and Flashback Draft.
Return to Top