Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news for the Weekly Announcements Blog.
Check in weekly for the latest updates!
In case you missed it on Monday, the Magic Online Pro Tour Qualifier schedule for Pro Tour Dragons of Tarkir is now live. If you have hopes of qualifying for the Pro Tour, all from the comfort of your own home, now's the perfect time to jump in.
Learn more about the upcoming Magic Online Pro Tour Qualifier season.
Due to the upcoming Holiday Season, some Magic Online services and regularly scheduled maintenances will be delayed or rescheduled as follows. All times are Pacific (UTC -8).
- Magic Online Holiday Downtime schedule
- Monday, December 22: Specially scheduled Magic Online Downtime 8:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 24: No Magic Online Scheduled Downtime
- Wednesday, December 31: No Magic Online Scheduled Downtime
- Monday, January 5, 2015: Specially schedule Magic Online Downtime 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 14: Regularly scheduled Magic Online Wednesday downtimes resume.
Please note that redemption tokens will only be processed and removed during downtimes. Redemption orders processed during the 12/22, 1/5, and 1/7 downtimes will be shipped after Thursday, January 8, due to holiday warehouse closures. Please plan accordingly!
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, December 17, for Magic Online. Events close at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (08:00 UTC), midnight, and store activity and trades end at 2:45 a.m. Pacific (10:45 UTC) leading up to the system coming down at 3:00 a.m. Pacific (11:00 UTC).
Downtime this week will be extended by one hour, setting our estimated return at 1:00 p.m. Pacific (UTC -8). The additional time will allow us to complete the scheduled build, as well as install new firmware on some of our servers.
- All tournaments will close Wednesday, December 3, at 5:00 a.m. Pacific (13:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 7:45 a.m. Pacific(15:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 8:00 a.m. Pacific (16:00 UTC) until 1:00 p.m. Pacific (21:00 UTC)
- Fixed: Players who are muted can no longer use Challenge Notes when challenging a player to communicate with them.
- Fixed: The "Non-game Chat: Allow Only Buddies" option no longer blocks trade chat when trading with someone not on your buddy list.
- Updated: Additional loading adjustments to reduce log in time.
- Fixed: Example card is now present in Account settings page
Game Play, Duel Scene, and Events
- Fixed: Stormsurge Kraken no longer generates a bug message to the game log when cast.
- Fixed: Battlefield Thaumaturge no longer reduces the cost of instants and sorceries targeting creature spells on the stack, such as spells that counter creature spells.
- Fixed: Ghost Quarter’s text box message now reads correctly.
- Fixed: Nahiri, the Lithomancer’s first ability now attaches to the correct token.
- Fixed: Cruel Ultimatum’s resolution no longer sometimes restarts the game.
- Fixed: Trinisphere’s effect now interacts correctly when casting an X spell.
- Fixed: Dragon Throne of Tarkir’s ability now works correctly when the equipped creature has a negative power.
- Fixed: Various library searching cards no longer hang the game if there is nothing legal to find in the library.
- Fixed: X now must equal zero when casting a spell through cascade.
- Fixed: Client no longer sometimes grays out the submit button when player has made a legal deck.
- Fixed: Modal spells now Context menu for modal spells don't use the modal cast header.
- Fixed: When copying of a spell with damage distributed among targets, the targets are now written in the corresponding order to the game log.
- Fixed: Daretti, Scrap Savant’s delayed triggered ability now displays the correct art.
- Fixed: Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rules text now displays correctly.
- Fixed: Artisan of Kozilek in C14 now has the correct frame.
- Fixed: Artifact creature tokens do not have visible art when zoomed in on or viewed in the preview pane.
- Fixed: Lands with the M15 frames no longer have faded rules text backgrounds.
- Updated: Creatures cards chosen for Grave Crawler are highlighted in red.
- Fixed: C14 Offering spells no longer display that a player has been chosen before the choice is made.
- Fixed: Song of the Dryads attached to another Song of the Dryads now appears correctly. (The functionality had always been correct.)
- Fixed: Eldrazi Spawn tokens no longer have blacked-out rules text boxes when viewed on the battlefield.
- Fixed: Alerts for cards entering a zone no longer pop up under the zone frame
- Fixed: Prevented a crash from occurring when the draft autosave file location was too long
- Updated: Legacy Cube and Holiday Cube formats are now named correctly.
- Updated: Removed the round reference in scheduled tournaments without a top-8 playoff
- Updated: Game Details colors now update correctly when records are updated
- Fixed: Issue that prevented saved limited decks from being loaded
- Fixed: An issue that caused cards to be duplicated during drafting
- Fixed: If the client and server become out of sync during a draft, during deck building the server will update the client to be correct
- Updated: Right clicking a card in draft to activate the context menu no longer applies the highlight treatment to the selected card
- Fixed: Issue that prevented all cards (selectable and non-selectable) from being displayed when a spell or effect had limited selection criteria (Thoughtseize, Evolving Wilds, and so on)
- Fixed: Issue that stacked cards in a single row when the size of a temporary window was decreased past a certain point.
- Updated: Temporary windows size and locations should be remembered more consistently between matches.
Collection and Trade
- Fixed: Issue with sorting list view columns not updating quantity fields
- Fixed: Issue with quantities adjustments being inverted in collection
- Fixed: Selecting a group of cards with different versions and selecting "Add 1 to Active Binder" or "Add 1 to Open Binder" now adds one of each version
- Updated: Rarity filtering will work as expected in more filtering cases
- Updated: Excluded decks from having the quantity filter applied when using "Apply Filters"
- Fixed: Issue that caused the size of panes to be locked in a trade after resizing
- Fixed: Issue that caused pile windows to be minimized
- Fixed: Issue in collection that caused display issues when resizing panes.
|December 3-December 5|
|December 3-December 6|
|December 10-December 17|
|December 10-December 19|
|December 10-December 22|
|December 17-January 5|