Standard is a rotating format where you build decks using cards from the most recently released Magic sets. Evolving gameplay and fresh strategies make it one of the most popular ways to play at home and in events like Friday Night Magic.
WHAT'S IN STANDARD?
- Shadows over Innistrad Block
- Shadows over Innistrad 297 cards April, 2016
- Magic Origins
- Magic Origins 272 cards July, 2015
- Khans of Tarkir Block
- Dragons of Tarkir 264 cards March, 2015
HOW DO I BUILD A STANDARD DECK?
• Your deck must be at least 60 cards.
• Up to fifteen cards may be included in your sideboard, if you use one.
• Include no more than four copies of any individual card in your main deck and sideboard combined (except basic lands).
• There's no maximum deck size, as long as you can shuffle your deck in your hands unassisted.
WHERE DO I PLAY?
Standard events happen regularly all over the world, from social play at Friday Night Magic to the highest levels of competition at the Magic Pro Tour.
HOW DOES SET ROTATION WORK?
Each year, four Magic sets are released and added to Standard. Those sets are grouped into two-set blocks (For example: Battle for Zendikar and Oath of the Gatewatch are a block). When the first set of a new block releases, the oldest two sets in Standard rotate out.