Interested in participating in our next Arena Open? Keep reading for all the important dates and details between them and the opportunity to win monetary rewards from the convenience of home—no ladder climb or Mythic Rank required!
THE FINE PRINT
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Regional eligibility restrictions apply, void where prohibited.
- Receiving monetary rewards requires having or creating Wizards, DCI, and i-Payout accounts (iPayout accounts cannot be created in advance, for more info, please refer to our Event Prize Support FAQ).
- Refer to the official Terms and Conditions for complete details.
August 1 - 2, 2020
Day 1 will be Best-of-One Historic Constructed matches. You will play until seven wins or three losses (whichever comes first), with seven wins earning you qualification for Day 2. You'll be able to enter Day 1 multiple times, which means you'll have more than one opportunity to qualify for Day 2.
- Start: August 1, 2020 at 8 a.m. PT
- Signups End: August 2, 2020 at 4 a.m. PT—you'll still have a few hours to complete your current run, but you won't be able to join after this deadline.
- Day 1 End: August 2, 2020 at 7 a.m. PT
- Format: Best-of-One Historic Constructed with Match Clock
In addition to the prizes outlined above, every participant will receive card styles for five new-to-Historic cards through Jumpstart. Just as before, these special rewards will unlock as soon as you join the event, so you'll be able to use them during your matches:
- Isamaru, Hound of Konda card style
- Kira, Great Glass-Spinner card style
- Languish card style
- Grim Lavamancer card style
- Thragtusk card style
DAY 1 PRIZES
Event Record: 7 wins or 3 Losses (whichever comes first)
- 7 Wins: 2,000 Gems, Qualification for Day 2
- 6 Wins: 1,600 Gems
- 5 Wins: 1,200 Gems
- 4 Wins: 800 Gems
- 3 Wins: 400 Gems
- 0–2 Wins: No Reward
Entry Fee: 20,000 Gold or 4,000 Gems
- Start: August 2, 2020 at 8 a.m. PT
- Signups End: August 2, 2020 at 10 a.m. PT—you'll have until the event ends to complete your matches, but you must join during this two-hour window.
- Event End: August 2, 6 p.m. PT
- Format: Best-of-Three Historic Constructed
Day 2 will consist of Best-of-Three Standard Constructed matches. Again, you'll play until seven wins or two losses (whichever comes first), but unlike Day 1, you'll only have one opportunity to compete. Once you complete your Day 2 matches—that's it! You'll receive rewards based on your event record, culminating with $2,000 USD if you manage to earn seven wins.
DAY 2 PRIZES
Event Record: 7 wins or 2 Losses (whichever comes first)
- 7 Wins: $2,000 USD, Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend Eligibility
- 6 Wins: $1,000 USD, Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend Eligibility
- 5 Wins: 20,000 Gems, Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend Eligibility
- 4 Wins: 10,000 Gems
- 3 Wins: 6,000 Gems
- 2 Wins: 4,000 Gems
- 1 Win: 2,000 Gems
- 0 Wins: No Reward
Entry Fee: None—previous qualification from Day 1 required.
How many players can earn the monetary rewards on Day 2?
As many as qualify! All players on Day 2 who earn six or seven wins will be eligible to receive the monetary rewards.
Is the Arena Open a part of the MPL/Magic esports?
As part of the 2020–2021 Magic Esports season, players who earn five or more match wins on Day 2 of an Arena Open will also be eligible to participate in the next Qualifier Weekend.
While we recommend you head over the Magic.gg for full details, this change will go into effect with this upcoming Arena Open. If you earn five or more wins on Day 2, you'll also be earning a spot in the upcoming Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend. We do want to note that while we plan to hold Arena Opens on a regular basis, players shouldn't expect one every month (and therefore, for every Qualifier Weekend); reaching the top 1,200 in Mythic—Constructed or Limited—during a ranked season will continue to unlock invitations to a Qualifier Weekend.
What should I do if I encounter an issue during the Arena Open?
If you encounter an issue or need further assistance with the Arena Open, you will need to contact Game Support—we are unable to provide support for in-game issues over social media (other than telling you to submit a ticket). Please ensure you select "Mythic Events/Arena Open Issues" as the reason you are contacting our support team.
I reached six/seven wins on Day 2 and earned a monetary reward
If you receive a monetary reward, we will contact you via the email listed in your Wizards account to obtain your DCI Account and with instructions for activating your eWallet account with our partner i-Payout (or notifying you of your prize if you have already created an account). Please check your email regularly after the Arena Open to ensure that you respond to our inquiry in a timely manner. If you win a monetary reward and do not receive a reward email within 72 hours of completion of the Arena Open, please contact customer service.