Why Play This Format?
- Play one-on-one digitally on MTG Arena.
- Great for new players to learn to brew their own deck.
- Build your deck with a single copy of any card, and the option to use multiple basic lands.
Different Ways to Play
Gather with friends and play in person! Tabletop is your chance to see physical card treatments like exclusive art, foils, and thematic frames up close.
Try your hand at Magic: The Gathering through tutorials and a digital game you can take on the go. MTG Arena is free and available on mobile or desktop.
Use your webcam to play Magic with friends in a private game, or match against players around the world! Now available with state-of-the-art card scanning technology.
An exciting deck-brewing challenge, Brawl is a bit of a mixture of Standard+Commander. In this format, you'll use cards legal in Standard to build a Commander-style deck around a legendary creature or Planeswalker. You can play 1v1 games on MTG Arena.
- 1 commander card (any legendary creature or Planeswalker from a set currently in Standard)
- 59 other Standard legal cards (same color as commander card)
- Only one copy of any card except for basic lands
- Brawl decks do not have a sideboard
Starting life total is 30 for free-for-all and 25 for 1v1
Arcane Signet and Command Tower are perennially legal
Recommended best of one for 1v1 play, including a free mulligan
What Sets Are Legal in Brawl?
March of the Machine
Phyrexia: All Will Be One
The Brothers' War
Streets of New Capenna
Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
Innistrad: Crimson Vow
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt