Why Play This Format?
- Play one-on-one digitally on MTG Arena.
- Great for new players to learn to brew their own deck.
- Build your deck with a single copy of any card, and the option to use multiple basic lands.
Different Ways to Play
An exciting deck-brewing challenge, Brawl is a bit of a mixture of Standard+Commander. In this format, you'll use cards legal in Standard to build a Commander-style deck around a legendary creature or Planeswalker. You can play 1v1 games on MTG Arena.
- 1 commander card (any legendary creature or Planeswalker from a set currently in Standard)
- 59 other Standard legal cards (same color as commander card)
- Only one copy of any card except for basic lands
- Brawl decks do not have a sideboard
Starting life total is 30 for free-for-all and 25 for 1v1
Arcane Signet and Command Tower are perennially legal
Recommended best of one for 1v1 play, including a free mulligan
What Sets Are Legal in Brawl?
March of the Machine
Phyrexia: All Will Be One
The Brothers' War
Streets of New Capenna
Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
Innistrad: Crimson Vow
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt